ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday pay on part time contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mgmrfc
Posts: 32
Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
Gender: Male

Holiday pay on part time contract

Post by Mgmrfc »

I'm on a part time contract of 13hours. I've never work as little as 13hours and its more often than not full time duties I'm covering every week. Obviously those extra hours made up with overtime. Would I be entitled to more than my 13hours when it comes to annual leave pay? I've seen somewhere that overtime needs to be considered so just checking what my rights are if anyone knows?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Holiday pay on part time contract

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

At the moment there is no agreement between RM and the CWU, but apparently, they are discussing it, though we have seen nothing since an LTB about 21 months ago. http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=67886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and 15 months ago http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=70165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, some are putting in grievances about it, you could do the same. The grievance would be against the policy not the manager I assume.

There are also plenty of threads on here - us the search facility for Holiday pay and you should get the gist.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mgmrfc
Posts: 32
Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
Gender: Male

Holiday pay on part time contract

Post by Mgmrfc »

Thanks for your reply. I thought I'd seen that it was now law to include ot into holiday calculations. Does that mean Royal Mail are are breaking the law? When I first started through agency I got accrued holiday pay. Now it's not worthwhile taking holidays for 13 hours pay. 3 years on that contract now even though I work full time mostly but that's a gripe for another day.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Holiday pay on part time contract

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No If I remember correctly the decision is being appealed so nothing is certain yet. However, I do expect that at some point RM and the Union will come up with something that will satisfy few, and anger many.

Personally, I expect something will be announced if enough members put pressure on the CWU and Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mgmrfc
Posts: 32
Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 09:48
Gender: Male

Holiday pay on part time contract

Post by Mgmrfc »

Thanks true blue. I may mention this to my manager to see what advice he gives me.