ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Lapsing
Yes, he sneaks it into the trolley and we don't see it until we load the van. As we are always last out the office, he has a problem finding someone to do it when we hand it back. He'll never learn. He could easily give it to the full timers who leave the office an hour before us.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
I don't know how the full timers get away with it.NewPostieUK wrote:Yes, he sneaks it into the trolley and we don't see it until we load the van. As we are always last out the office, he has a problem finding someone to do it when we hand it back. He'll never learn. He could easily give it to the full timers who leave the office an hour before us.
Me and my partner struggle to do our own duties without lapsing in time yet some full timers are passing by us on their way home when we have a few loops left to do.
It's crazy, i don't know how they can be so dumb and blind to this.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
If you can't do the Lapsing in our office it is taken out of the frame and sorted back in the next day,by Saturday there may be up to 4 days worth of Mail and Packets to deliver.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Lapsing
They aren't. They know full well. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the full timers have something on them (the management), a form of blackmail. How else can they get away with not prepping the (part timers) duties they are meant to, leaving an hour early, not taking lapsing and blatantly finishing early.Anonymouse wrote: i don't know how they can be so dumb and blind to this.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
In our office,a few of the full timers work their day off every single week, all year round. Think this may have something to do with it.NewPostieUK wrote:They aren't. They know full well. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the full timers have something on them (the management), a form of blackmail. How else can they get away with not prepping the (part timers) duties they are meant to, leaving an hour early, not taking lapsing and blatantly finishing early.Anonymouse wrote: i don't know how they can be so dumb and blind to this.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
Should be reported WILFULL DELAYewancurze wrote:If you can't do the Lapsing in our office it is taken out of the frame and sorted back in the next day,by Saturday there may be up to 4 days worth of Mail and Packets to deliver.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
Our IPS is usually finished around the same time, if we get out by 9 nowadays then we're doing well. We've got a few duties that are a lot shorter than the rest, and if a runner full timer is on it, they're guaranteed to be finished for 12. HCT duties I should add, I don't know if other offices are the same but our HCT duties are 4 hour delivery span max, which is, in reality, less with a runner on the duty.rambo1 wrote:How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
-
Professor Chaos
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 14:58
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
That should be reported to the annonynous hot lineewancurze wrote:If you can't do the Lapsing in our office it is taken out of the frame and sorted back in the next day,by Saturday there may be up to 4 days worth of Mail and Packets to deliver.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
How the hell can you finish at 12noon if you don't start till 9am and you have to do lapsing and emptying post boxes on your round and journey to and from your delivery?Chewster wrote:Our IPS is usually finished around the same time, if we get out by 9 nowadays then we're doing well. We've got a few duties that are a lot shorter than the rest, and if a runner full timer is on it, they're guaranteed to be finished for 12. HCT duties I should add, I don't know if other offices are the same but our HCT duties are 4 hour delivery span max, which is, in reality, less with a runner on the duty.rambo1 wrote:How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Lapsing
Think he means if start delivering at 9 and run round iteastie wrote:How the hell can you finish at 12noon if you don't start till 9am and you have to do lapsing and emptying post boxes on your round and journey to and from your delivery?Chewster wrote:Our IPS is usually finished around the same time, if we get out by 9 nowadays then we're doing well. We've got a few duties that are a lot shorter than the rest, and if a runner full timer is on it, they're guaranteed to be finished for 12. HCT duties I should add, I don't know if other offices are the same but our HCT duties are 4 hour delivery span max, which is, in reality, less with a runner on the duty.rambo1 wrote:How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next