ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long weekend
-
blackburn12
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 18:47
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
Hi. I was just wondering if anybody else has problems getting long weekends? I have not had a long weekend for three years. I am a reserve so I know that weekends are hard to come by but surely I should be allowed more than one every 5 years.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
Speak to union rep?blackburn12 wrote:Hi. I was just wondering if anybody else has problems getting long weekends? I have not had a long weekend for three years. I am a reserve so I know that weekends are hard to come by but surely I should be allowed more than one every 5 years.
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
Yes I do, must be over a year since I had a Saturday off, I have had a couple of Mondays off though. Never had a long weekend and I'm currently been given Tuesdays off - still at least I miss the WTL drivel. I did ask for a Saturday off a couple of months ago and was told by the manager he couldn't do it as he had about 3 rounds on my section to cover. My linemanager is either too lazy or incompetent to organise a Saturday off for me.
Come to think of it, it surely must be a form of discrimination if one person is getting a long weekend and someone else is not?
Come to think of it, it surely must be a form of discrimination if one person is getting a long weekend and someone else is not?
Last edited by Speedmeister on 04 Aug 2016, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
If you are regularly being given Tuesdays off, usually a "short" day for many OPGs, make sure you are claiming overtime for anything more than a 39 hour week (if you are full time).
The whole reserve and days off scenario needs stronger enforcement, they should be getting the same number of Saturdays off as other full timers in the depot over the year.
The whole reserve and days off scenario needs stronger enforcement, they should be getting the same number of Saturdays off as other full timers in the depot over the year.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
You still have work time learning! Wow, thought that had all been 'planned' out in revisions. Certainly was in our office, haven't had one for years.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
You haven't missed much I can assure you.rambo1 wrote:You still have work time learning! Wow, thought that had all been 'planned' out in revisions. Certainly was in our office, haven't had one for years.
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
I think we still get WTL, as I've had the past 2 Tuesdays off I'm not sure - I've got next Tuesday as my day off next week as well. I'm full time and Tuesdays are still 7 hours 48 mins but we have to do lapsing.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
gordon-1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
Do yo only lapse on a teusdaySpeedmeister wrote:I think we still get WTL, as I've had the past 2 Tuesdays off I'm not sure - I've got next Tuesday as my day off next week as well. I'm full time and Tuesdays are still 7 hours 48 mins but we have to do lapsing.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Long weekend
if you want to prove a point and can stand up to the bullying tactics then refuse the overtime and cut off accordingly stating you've done your hours for the week by whatever time on the Saturday due to the Tuesday off,IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:If you are regularly being given Tuesdays off, usually a "short" day for many OPGs, make sure you are claiming overtime for anything more than a 39 hour week (if you are full time).
The whole reserve and days off scenario needs stronger enforcement, they should be getting the same number of Saturdays off as other full timers in the depot over the year.
make them aware beforehand in front of a rep or if you have no in-office rep like us, 2 fellow posties who you trust to back you up.
I'm still shocked our union won't recognize the reserves average hours differ from a duty holders with many unknowingly doing an extra 30+ mins per week for free
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
No we lapse everyday - no notice is taken of the traffic figures! We often have a daily huddle & the traffic figures are only mentioned when it's below the amount required for us to do lapsing.gordon-1 wrote:Do yo only lapse on a teusdaySpeedmeister wrote:I think we still get WTL, as I've had the past 2 Tuesdays off I'm not sure - I've got next Tuesday as my day off next week as well. I'm full time and Tuesdays are still 7 hours 48 mins but we have to do lapsing.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Long weekend
Start time, finish time, meal relief, anything else is optional. If you have to extend to complete your lapsing, you don't have time for lapsing.