Hello folks
Just wondering what is the correct process when looking to transfer to a different DO. I'm quite new to RM so do I have to wait until I've been there 6 months.
Also do I have to wait until there is a vacancy at the new DO
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do I transfer to another DO
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
How do I transfer to another DO
I believe you have to finish your probation (trial) first which is usually 12 months.
Yes you have to wait for a vacancy to come up.
Apply through https://performancemanager.successfacto ... Method=PWD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Use the following details the first time you logon. The details can be found on your payslip:
User name = your employee number e.g. 10999549
Password = your National Insurance number without any dashes or spaces. The first two letters should be upper case, and the last, lower case e.g. AB123456c
Here is a link to an LTB from the Union that may have useful info: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... er#p646287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes you have to wait for a vacancy to come up.
Apply through https://performancemanager.successfacto ... Method=PWD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Use the following details the first time you logon. The details can be found on your payslip:
User name = your employee number e.g. 10999549
Password = your National Insurance number without any dashes or spaces. The first two letters should be upper case, and the last, lower case e.g. AB123456c
Here is a link to an LTB from the Union that may have useful info: http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... er#p646287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Miss Piggy
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 18 Jun 2016, 16:00
- Gender: Female
How do I transfer to another DO
Thank you True Blue Terrier
-
devonshire_lass
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 15 Oct 2015, 15:35
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
How do I transfer to another DO
I applied for my transfer on the first day of my job & transfered 3 months later, it would have been quicker but Christmas was in the way! Speak to your current manager or the manager at the DO you want to transfer to.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
How do I transfer to another DO
The usual advice is that it's best to go in and speak in person to the DOM at whichever D.O. you're wanting to transfer to... however, there is a particular D.O. that I've been trying to transfer to for a while now, in the last 18 months 3 vacancies have been advertised there, each time I've traveled there (30 miles away) or phoned to speak to the DOM direct and each time I've basically been fobbed off and nothing has ever came of it.
Unfortunately I don't actually know anyone who works at this D.O. so I can't get any inside info as to what's happened with these supposed vacancies but I'm now rather suspicious that it's something other than the usual Royal Mail managerial incompetence.
So I'd say it's advisable to go in person AND also apply via the official channels.
Unfortunately I don't actually know anyone who works at this D.O. so I can't get any inside info as to what's happened with these supposed vacancies but I'm now rather suspicious that it's something other than the usual Royal Mail managerial incompetence.
So I'd say it's advisable to go in person AND also apply via the official channels.
-
Miss Piggy
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 18 Jun 2016, 16:00
- Gender: Female
How do I transfer to another DO
Thanks Devonshire lass
I did call in to the DO I want to move to and the DOM there said I needed to have worked for RM 6 months
I did call in to the DO I want to move to and the DOM there said I needed to have worked for RM 6 months