ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ill health retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
24601
Posts: 325
Joined: 14 May 2007, 16:06
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by 24601 »

One week after I retired with Ill health retirement. My lump sum and PILON has been paid but I haven't received my last weeks wages. I'll phone Sheffield on Monday but can anyone throw any light on this before then.Thanks
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by holly123 »

sorry not too sure but did you get your shares paid out, :angel :confused
24601
Posts: 325
Joined: 14 May 2007, 16:06
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by 24601 »

I was told to wait to hear by post about shares
paulj3001
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:22

Ill health retirement

Post by paulj3001 »

If you retired last week, you last pay would have been last Friday as that payment is for that week, we are not paid a week behind
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by aiden01 »

paulj3001 wrote:If you retired last week, you last pay would have been last Friday as that payment is for that week, we are not paid a week behind
sometimes we are paid weeks behind on ot :nana
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

I got paid my last wages the week after i got my payout, so you should get it this week. If not then get in touch with the union to speak to the lino.

I received a letter about my shares roughly three weeks after my payout, you get asked if you want to put the shares in someone elses name, otherwise you have to sell them once you sign the form.

They are sold before 2:30pm on the day they receive the form, tax-free.
24601
Posts: 325
Joined: 14 May 2007, 16:06
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by 24601 »

Thanks for the info
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

No problem and good luck for the future mate. As I've said previously I was worried of leaving three months ago and now I'm glad, I feel so much better for it.

I'm not arounf much during the day due to my new job, but if you need more help give me a shout. :thumbup
24601
Posts: 325
Joined: 14 May 2007, 16:06
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by 24601 »

Thanks mate. I was worried as well but I'm already feeling the benefits
Happyman79
Posts: 12
Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 17:32
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by Happyman79 »

When you finish on IHR do you get your allowances paid to you and do you get the delivery supplement in the 34 weeks and notice?? Many thanks
robbiejob47
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 21:48
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by robbiejob47 »

Hi all,,
Some people say 12 weeks pilon others say 9 weeks can anyone shed any light on if its 12 or 9 for sure ie someone having already got it,,
Thank you all for reading
Robbie
24601
Posts: 325
Joined: 14 May 2007, 16:06
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by 24601 »

It's 12 weeks
Happyman79
Posts: 12
Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 17:32
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by Happyman79 »

I don't get why there are so many discrepancies with IHR? Surely it should be the same for everyone?
Someone who has recently finished could put all questions to bed? :pray
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Ill health retirement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

24601 wrote:It's 12 weeks

it is if you are entitled to 12 weeks notice.

Pay in Lieu of notice is 9 weeks to 12 weeks pay dependant on length of service

Image

so if you have done less than 9 years service you get 9 weeks Pilon
10 years = 10 weeks
11 Years = 11 weeks
+12 years = 12 weeks/
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
24601
Posts: 325
Joined: 14 May 2007, 16:06
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by 24601 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
24601 wrote:It's 12 weeks

it is if you are entitled to 12 weeks notice.

Pay in Lieu of notice is 9 weeks to 12 weeks pay dependant on length of service

Image

so if you have done less than 9 years service you get 9 weeks Pilon
10 years = 10 weeks
11 Years = 11 weeks
+12 years = 12 weeks/
Thanks for that - I got it wrong