Hi everyone,
I'm a postie with 4 years' service in England, just seen a full-time, permanent vacancy in the PA postcode area in Scotland, where I'd like to move to. Should I just apply for this on the SuccessFactors site, or would it be better to contact the DOM personally?
Also, how long would it normally take for a transfer to go through if successful?
As well as being a postie I'm a Deputy Manager. I'm not expecting to walk into a Deputy Manager position after the transfer, but does anyone have any experience transferring as a Deputy Manager? Would it be worth contacting the DSM, and if so, how do I find out who he / she is?
Thanks guys,
Jim
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transfer to Scotland
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Transfer to Scotland
Tryin' to escape the Brexit huh? 
-
forthewheel
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Transfer to Scotland
Maybe... no flies on youKick the Bucket wrote:Tryin' to escape the Brexit huh?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Transfer to Scotland
The official approach would be through success factors.
The unofficial one would be to approach the DOM.
Both have advantages and pitfalls.
The unofficial one would be to approach the DOM.
Both have advantages and pitfalls.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Transfer to Scotland
apply through the website, for pa and with the dsm keep it above board as more likely for it to happen, as for deputy manager posts it depends on the office if it's paisley area then you may be made up every now and then (only 3 or 4 deputy manager jobs in whole area) if its the islands or argyll then deputy managers generally only made up on substitution when dom for the office is away, offices in pa are generally run with single dom and no deputies
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Transfer to Scotland
Also pa area have habit of putting all vacancies online immediately so you may find the ft vacancy goes to a pt member of staff first if they apply for it ahead of any transfer in
-
forthewheel
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Transfer to Scotland
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll apply online.
Am I likely to have any trouble in being released by my DOM, do you think?
Am I likely to have any trouble in being released by my DOM, do you think?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Transfer to Scotland
I should think it depends if you are like me and moan and complain a lot the DOM would be glad to see you go,if however you do what ever they ask with out moaning and complaining they probably would like to keep you.forthewheel wrote:Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll apply online.
Am I likely to have any trouble in being released by my DOM, do you think?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
forthewheel
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 19:00
- Gender: Male
Transfer to Scotland
Depends what mood I'm inDB1100 wrote:I should think it depends if you are like me and moan and complain a lot the DOM would be glad to see you go,if however you do what ever they ask with out moaning and complaining they probably would like to keep you.forthewheel wrote:Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'll apply online.
Am I likely to have any trouble in being released by my DOM, do you think?