I put in a transfer request to my DOM a year ago today to move to another office which is less than a mile away from my home, the dom had said yeah no problem then 4 months down the line told me I was going nowhere. I went in office in November and said this was causing me stress and that I felt depressed regarding the matter...straight away they sent me to another office 5 miles away from home so that I wouldn't go on the sick. 3 weeks later at beginning of December I received a phone call off the office I want to transfer to saying I would be working for them throughout December for Xmas pressure. It is now 6th of June and I am still there 7 months later.
To make the transfer more straightforward there was another two lads wanting to transfer, this meant a three way transfer was to happen - very straightforward so we thought. Recently I have been in contact with my line manager at my parent office about this and 6 weeks ago he said that I was in the process of having my details taken off their system and would be permanently at my 'new' office officially with 2 weeks. This has not happened as one of the offices is refusing to release the person until they recruit, the same person who was loaned to our office last week and is disgusted at the way the transfer is being dealt with.
What are peoples thoughts on this and would I be wrong in submitting a formal grievance regarding this matter?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transfer
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Transfer
At the end of the day you have went down the informal transfer route, if you had followed the correct transfer procedure and there were issues then yes a grievance is something I would have advised, but you didn't, basically you done it unofficially and it went wrong now you want official help fixing it, your grievance would basically be that your manager didn't unofficially transfer you that's not going to get very far, best advice is to get the vacancies advertised and to do the transfer officially
the correct method is to apply online once vacancies have been advertised
the correct method is to apply online once vacancies have been advertised
-
sicknote25
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 26 Sep 2013, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Transfer
Bit of a grey area as it's being done unofficially but I do know of similar situations and these have been resolved by contacting the DSM especially if you have been promised. We've had a couple in ours that have been transferred through this route, big risky but might be an option
-
3rd Class Stamp
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 10 Jun 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Transfer
zx135 wrote:At the end of the day you have went down the informal transfer route, if you had followed the correct transfer procedure and there were issues then yes a grievance is something I would have advised, but you didn't, basically you done it unofficially and it went wrong now you want official help fixing it, your grievance would basically be that your manager didn't unofficially transfer you that's not going to get very far, best advice is to get the vacancies advertised and to do the transfer officially
the correct method is to apply online once vacancies have been advertised
How can I have done it unofficially? Asked DOM for transfer, who in turn would start the ball rolling (his exact words)....12 months later........
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Transfer
you have done it unofficially as you don't ask the dom for a transfer, asking him was the unofficial part, to do a transfer properly you simply apply for the vacancy you want when it comes up on the royal mail website, any other method of transfer is unofficial3rd Class Stamp wrote:zx135 wrote:At the end of the day you have went down the informal transfer route, if you had followed the correct transfer procedure and there were issues then yes a grievance is something I would have advised, but you didn't, basically you done it unofficially and it went wrong now you want official help fixing it, your grievance would basically be that your manager didn't unofficially transfer you that's not going to get very far, best advice is to get the vacancies advertised and to do the transfer officially
the correct method is to apply online once vacancies have been advertised
How can I have done it unofficially? Asked DOM for transfer, who in turn would start the ball rolling (his exact words)....12 months later........
-
3rd Class Stamp
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 10 Jun 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Transfer
zx135 wrote:you have done it unofficially as you don't ask the dom for a transfer, asking him was the unofficial part, to do a transfer properly you simply apply for the vacancy you want when it comes up on the royal mail website, any other method of transfer is unofficial3rd Class Stamp wrote:zx135 wrote:At the end of the day you have went down the informal transfer route, if you had followed the correct transfer procedure and there were issues then yes a grievance is something I would have advised, but you didn't, basically you done it unofficially and it went wrong now you want official help fixing it, your grievance would basically be that your manager didn't unofficially transfer you that's not going to get very far, best advice is to get the vacancies advertised and to do the transfer officially
the correct method is to apply online once vacancies have been advertised
How can I have done it unofficially? Asked DOM for transfer, who in turn would start the ball rolling (his exact words)....12 months later........
Well its not what the DOM said at the time mate, "leave it with me and i'll sort it!!!"