Hi all,
How likely is it that I'd be able to get a transfer to another office after returning from my career break of 18 months?
Not sure if it's a wise move to rock the boat after they've kept my job open for me but would like to move to another DO and return to Delivery, was on collections when I left.
With transferring is it best to get in contact with the office you want to transfer to first?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transferring after career break
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Transferring after career break
It's not rocking the boat. In fact you are not guaranteed a position in the DO you last worked in. If there is no need for you there you can be offered a place elsewhere.
Each office is run on an individual budget so I'd say yes you should contact them direct to see firstly if they have the budget for another employee.
Each office is run on an individual budget so I'd say yes you should contact them direct to see firstly if they have the budget for another employee.