ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Correct Procedure

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Aus10
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 00:38
Gender: Female

Correct Procedure

Post by Aus10 »

Hello, I am considering handing in my resignation and wanted to know who I ought to give the letter to: is it the DOM or the Line Manager? Should I send a copy to HR although my contract expired AGES ago and hasn't been renewed? I love the work but the job is just not the right fit for me :sad:

Thanks in advance for the advice.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Correct Procedure

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Your Immediate manager be that line or office.

No to HR, your manager will inform them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Aus10
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 00:38
Gender: Female

Correct Procedure

Post by Aus10 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Your Immediate manager be that line or office.

No to HR, your manager will inform them.

Thank you, TrueBlueTerrier