ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part time education
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Part time education
Are Royal Mail flexible with part time education? Currently on a 24 hour contract 5/6 days and looking to return to uni part time. It's 1 day a week (Tuesday) so wondering if they're likely to be supportive or not ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Part time education
They can be its all down to local managers and conditions. One of our lads went from 30 hours over 5 days to 8 over 1.Pathfinder wrote:Are Royal Mail flexible with part time education? Currently on a 24 hour contract 5/6 days and looking to return to uni part time. It's 1 day a week (Tuesday) so wondering if they're likely to be supportive or not ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Part time education
Thanks TBT - is it just the Dom that has the final say?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Part time education
Pathfinder wrote:Thanks TBT - is it just the Dom that has the final say?
No I believe it goes to HR and the DSM, but the DOM will give an application a lot of weight if he approves it. Also, as Tuesday will give them a lapsing opportunity they are more likely to back it. If you are reducing your contract hours that will also enhance your chances, but even if not I think they'll back it. Check details with your rep as they should help as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.