ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM customer help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

RM customer help

Post by world class male »

I've just spent an hour just browsing through their twitter help page and makes for funny reading with customers posting pictures of water damaged mail even though it would have been pissing down,
one even complaining about their doorbell being rung too long :left:
but also with some alarming practices by us, worth a read if you're bored
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

RM customer help

Post by Chewster »

Yeah I've had people moan at me for pressing the bell too long! Or pressing it multiple times. They should count themselves lucky that it took me so long to write down their tracking number on the p739, otherwise I'd have been away before they got to the door! I also had a woman moan at me for not knocking loud enough...When I knock on someones door I really pound on it because personally I never hear when someone knocks MY door so I like to make sure. I also pressed her doorbell and I could hear it dinging from the doorstep, so I wrote out the p739 and went off on my merry way...only to have her chasing me down the street with the ticket saying "YOU DIDN'T KNOCK LOUD ENOUGH I COULDN'T HEAR YOU"...yeah, heard the letterbox alright though didn't she...waiting for the provvy perhaps?? I asked her to go back and get her ID for me so I could be sure it was her :left:
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

RM customer help

Post by yubin282 »

I once had a customer (elderly) complain i hadn't given her long enough to answer the door, she had her parcel redelivered a few days later and reassured my boss via phone that she would be in.
It took her a full 25 minutes get to the front door, i went and delivered a whole bag of mail by the time she got to the front door.
wa4jim
Posts: 15
Joined: 09 Feb 2016, 20:40
Gender: Male

RM customer help

Post by wa4jim »

You can't win at this game. I have a black mark against me 'cos a customer rang up to complain that I knocked too loudly!!!
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

RM customer help

Post by Shaders »

Unfortunately youll never win if dealing with the general public, but look on the bright side, you could be doing it in a shop on minimum wage.