ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving assesment/Change over.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
prodrive
Posts: 9
Joined: 15 Mar 2016, 15:29
Gender: Male

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by prodrive »

I have found out this morning that I have my driving assessment tomorrow afternoon.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this? what to expect? etc...

Thanks in advance :thumbup
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=67896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
prodrive
Posts: 9
Joined: 15 Mar 2016, 15:29
Gender: Male

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by prodrive »

Thank you :thumbup
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by Chewster »

Mines seems to have been slightly different than the one detailed in that other thread. Started off with a presentation and some questions like the person said, then I drove for 3 hours (in a big Boxer van round all the absolutely terrible B roads in a big Boxer van - not fun!), with about 20-30 minutes of that doing commentary, and we were done. The "examiner" didn't do any driving at all.

How often do we have to have these tests?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Chewster wrote:Mines seems to have been slightly different than the one detailed in that other thread. Started off with a presentation and some questions like the person said, then I drove for 3 hours (in a big Boxer van round all the absolutely terrible B roads in a big Boxer van - not fun!), with about 20-30 minutes of that doing commentary, and we were done. The "examiner" didn't do any driving at all.

How often do we have to have these tests?

Once, unless you are removed from driving and the manager wants you reassessed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
davo04
Posts: 25
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 22:41
Gender: Male

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by davo04 »

Is there RM documentation or guidance available with regards to the types of vehicles you are allowed to drive after successfully completing the Change Over?

Thanks
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by woopesh »

These assessments are utterly pointless... I've not once come across anyone at Royal Mail who drives to assessment standards. Infact the standard of driving appears uniformly terrible.
ChoZanWan
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Feb 2016, 17:52
Gender: Male

Driving assesment/Change over.

Post by ChoZanWan »

woopesh wrote:These assessments are utterly pointless... I've not once come across anyone at Royal Mail who drives to assessment standards. Infact the standard of driving appears uniformly terrible.
Have to agree.