ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by woopesh »

I'm trying to order boots and hi viz jacket through the Dimensions website.

I picked CAT trainers and Magnum boots but am stumped by the hi viz vests.

Does anyone know the difference between:

RMV1 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Nat
RMV2 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Sco
RMV3 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Wel

The pictures look exactly the same.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by k979aaa »

woopesh wrote:I'm trying to order boots and hi viz jacket through the Dimensions website.

I picked CAT trainers and Magnum boots but am stumped by the hi viz vests.

Does anyone know the difference between:

RMV1 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Nat
RMV2 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Sco
RMV3 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Wel

The pictures look exactly the same.
Probably the word Royalmail in Scottish and Welsh
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Last three letters give the clue

Nat national
sco scottish
wel welsh
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Its geographic

The different countries have different crowns, or language on them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by woopesh »

Who would have guessed? Thanks for the replies.
mancpat
Posts: 85
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by mancpat »

CAT trainers? They stopped doing these around a year ago didn't they?
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by Chewster »

They do still have the CAT trainers actually I think. I didn't go for them as it didn't say they were waterproof
mancpat
Posts: 85
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by mancpat »

Is this a geographical thing because we can't seem to order these in manchester
Villadaft
Posts: 77
Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by Villadaft »

I cant even get on the website, whats the password?
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by Chewster »

Villadaft wrote:I cant even get on the website, whats the password?
Your date of birth I think
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No its = Delivery
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by PHARRY »

woopesh wrote:I'm trying to order boots and hi viz jacket through the Dimensions website.

I picked CAT trainers and Magnum boots but am stumped by the hi viz vests.

Does anyone know the difference between:

RMV1 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Nat
RMV2 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Sco
RMV3 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Wel

The pictures look exactly the same.


Scotland has the King James crown
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Ordering uniform, difference between hi viz vests

Post by midegarelu »

woopesh wrote:
RMV1 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Nat
RMV2 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Sco
RMV3 RM Hi Viz Vest Cl 2 Wel

RM/1 = Usual orange
RM/2 = Blue with white streaks
RM/3 = Red with black streaks (fake coal dust)


:cuppa :cuppa :whistle :whistle
"We employ you so we can sack you"