ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Change in circumstances.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dafydd
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Dec 2014, 16:46
Gender: Male

Change in circumstances.

Post by dafydd »

Hi guys. I am a full timer currently with my own duty which is a hybrid. Start 9.45 and finish 5.30. In two weeks time my wifes hours in work change so I need to be there to pick my 2 children up from school (age 7 and 10). Where do I stand within Royal mail, as in moving off my hybrid duty to earlier finishing duties, even in it means being a reserve again?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Change in circumstances.

Post by POSTMAN »

Impossible to answer as we don't know your office but you can ask for flexible working...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=28454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And...
0220 RMG Flexible working summary A4.pdf
Which is from...
ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
salomon2
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
Gender: Female

Change in circumstances.

Post by salomon2 »

As a back up I would also find out about any after school childcare, childminders or school based care as if there isn't any you may have a stronger case for flexible working.