ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Credit union

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postee81
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 15
Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 15:37
Gender: Male

Credit union

Post by postee81 »

Does anyone know if penny post credit union do credit checks for the loans. I've had a loan out with them before without any problem but past year had few missed payments and been knocked back for loan by bank so a bit wary of trying.
brazil1212
Posts: 50
Joined: 23 May 2013, 23:58
Gender: Male

Credit union

Post by brazil1212 »

Yes they do and all information is on your credit report which banks check before they give you a loan
slinder123
Posts: 261
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
Gender: Female

Credit union

Post by slinder123 »

postee81 wrote:Does anyone know if penny post credit union do credit checks for the loans. I've had a loan out with them before without any problem but past year had few missed payments and been knocked back for loan by bank so a bit wary of trying.
as long as you dont have ccjs or bankruptcy they will loan hope that helps
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Credit union

Post by Creditshampoo »

If they're anything like commsave they'll lend you the money without even looking at your salary. I'd avoid if possible
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

Credit union

Post by dave0876 »

Creditshampoo wrote:If they're anything like commsave they'll lend you the money without even looking at your salary. I'd avoid if possible
That is rubbish you have to send in last four payslips and last month's bank statement don't give out false information.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Credit union

Post by Creditshampoo »

dave0876 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:If they're anything like commsave they'll lend you the money without even looking at your salary. I'd avoid if possible
That is rubbish you have to send in last four payslips and last month's bank statement don't give out false information.
No you dont. Me, along with 3 other postman I know did not have to do that so back off you uneducated git
mightyowler
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 73
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 19:16
Gender: Male

Credit union

Post by mightyowler »

Creditshampoo wrote:
dave0876 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:If they're anything like commsave they'll lend you the money without even looking at your salary. I'd avoid if possible
That is rubbish you have to send in last four payslips and last month's bank statement don't give out false information.
No you dont. Me, along with 3 other postman I know did not have to do that so back off you uneducated git
Well the last time I applied; I had to provide 4 wage slips plus the bank statement.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Credit union

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Creditshampoo wrote:
dave0876 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:If they're anything like commsave they'll lend you the money without even looking at your salary. I'd avoid if possible
That is rubbish you have to send in last four payslips and last month's bank statement don't give out false information.
No you dont. Me, along with 3 other postman I know did not have to do that so back off you uneducated git

:thumbdown :thumbdown

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Commsaver
Posts: 28
Joined: 12 Apr 2007, 21:57
Gender: Female
Location: Northampton

Credit union

Post by Commsaver »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
dave0876 wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:If they're anything like commsave they'll lend you the money without even looking at your salary. I'd avoid if possible
That is rubbish you have to send in last four payslips and last month's bank statement don't give out false information.
No you dont. Me, along with 3 other postman I know did not have to do that so back off you uneducated git

:thumbdown :thumbdown

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling
Hi - just to clarify for members it depends on the size of the loan and the information provided on the current and previous loan applications what additional information we require. For larger loans we do request copies of a months worth of payslips together with a months bank statements to enable us to verify the income and expenditure provided on the application form. The income and expenditure details completed by members on applications is reviewed to help the loans team feel assured that they are lending responsibly, and in the best interest of the member.