ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bring your child to work day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yakima
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by yakima »

In May we have the opportunity to bring our child to work so they can see what its like, and write a report for school ( secondary school )

In our office its been done for years and never a problem,
Now that its my daughters turn, I'm being told by my manager that his boss says he's not allowed :arrrghhh :hmmmm

Has anyone else been allowed to bring the child to work previously, or know if my boss is right or wrong, Thanks..
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Bring your child to work and while they are there tell them 'don't I ever catch you working here'.
yakima
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by yakima »

DiamondSmiles wrote:Bring your child to work and while they are there tell them 'don't I ever catch you working here'.
Exactly thats why i want to get them in the place, To show them why they have to study at school lol
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by malcolm3011 »

No way would i want my kids to work there :thumbdown
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by Surreypostie »

What exactly would they be doing while we are out on delivery all day? Being babysat by the managers? Drinking loads of coffee? Ok for office workers maybe but not in our line of work surely.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Bring your child to work day

Post by fb1969 »

At our place they'd be sent out on loops.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by wannabeek »

I wouldn't want my kids at work. Surrounded by stinky foul-mouthed morons. They get that enough of that on a school day!
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by 2pints »

Why the **** would you take your child to work?
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by baldrick »

I think that would be child cruelty.

But I think the reason is because they wouldn't be covered by RM's insurance. We used to have parties of school pupils, and even infant school children visiting Mount Pleasant, and that was stopped years ago and we were told that it was because they weren't covered by insurance, and RM would be liable if they were hurt on the premises.
mudmonster
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by mudmonster »

I don't want to be there,let alone bringing my kids in, :d'oh! :d'oh!
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Bring your child to work day

Post by korky »

i used to take my eldest out years ago for a bit once or twice, cost me more what i earned and he got umpteen chocolate bars of folk :Very Happy
would be a great idea but legally not possible now, my manager at the time was quite happy for him to tag along when i said i could do an hour or so overtime but i'll have the nipper with me.
oh how i'd wish for those days back
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by deristrong »

I'd like to take my 17 yr old stepson for a day (preferably a wet Wednesday) just to show him what I have to do to provide him with a tenner here, a tenner there.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Bring your child to work day

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I used to cover a Duty near my house. In the Summer my Grandson used to accompany me on the last bag around nearby streets, before I returned to the Office. Even had his own little Hi-Vis and a RM Cap. As mentioned, The Old Biddies used to love him and he got more treats than I ever did! :sad:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Bring your child to work day

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I will.

But only when they need to be severely punished. :Very Happy
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.