I am working 20 hours pw over 5 days, my contract states that makes my holiday allowance pro-rata, can any other part-timers tell me how many days/hours holiday that equates to?
Thank you.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday allowance for part time
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Holiday allowance for part time
PostmanCat wrote:I am working 20 hours pw over 5 days, my contract states that makes my holiday allowance pro-rata, can any other part-timers tell me how many days/hours holiday that equates to?
Thank you.
If your contract is over 5 days then you get the same number of days as everyone else, the pro rata part is that FTimer get 7:48 hours per day (on average) but you get 4 hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
PostmanCat
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 01 Aug 2012, 12:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday allowance for part time
Thank you, that makes sense now.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:PostmanCat wrote:I am working 20 hours pw over 5 days, my contract states that makes my holiday allowance pro-rata, can any other part-timers tell me how many days/hours holiday that equates to?
Thank you.
If your contract is over 5 days then you get the same number of days as everyone else, the pro rata part is that FTimer get 7:48 hours per day (on average) but you get 4 hours.
-
Roadie82
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday allowance for part time
I'm also on a 20h 5 out of 7 days Monday-saturday contract and have 22.5 days off. If I wanted to book a week off would that use 5 or 6 days holiday?
Thanks
Thanks
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Holiday allowance for part time
It would use 5 days, so you have four full weeks off plus an additional 2.5 days plus your (usually) 8 days bank holiday per year. IF you your day off in any given week coincides with a bank holiday then you can either take a day in lieu or take payment for that day.