ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Day off falls on Christmas
-
richiebroon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Day off falls on Christmas
Just wondering as my day off next week falls on Christmas, if it is possible to request it paid as overtime rather than gaining an extra days annual leave which is hard enough to use as it is.
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Yes the choice is yours a full days pay or a day in lieu ,don't be told otherwise
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Can't see why you cannot book it as "b/h excess" overtime ahead of the bank holiday (isn't last day for overtime done next week Tuesday, so it is paid the following week, rather than in three weeks time?).
That is if you work 4 days or more per week.
That is if you work 4 days or more per week.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
if it falls on the Friday yes,If its the Saturday no,Saturday is a non service day.
-
richiebroon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Yes it falls on Friday. Cheers folks!
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Mine also falls on the Friday, been told they come round with a book asking whether you want paying or the extra days leave. They don't seen to like paying out overtime and they won't open up any leave slots, so looks like I'm buggered :-(
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
A colleague was told by Lino he would just get the day in lieu for it and no payment as his day off falls on Xmas! Who should she go and see reg this? And what happens the following week with the sat off then Monday?
-
richiebroon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
I asked lino today and he said no it would only be a days annual leave back but union rep said they can do it.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Managers don't have the choice, you do. ;)richiebroon wrote:I asked lino today and he said no it would only be a days annual leave back but union rep said they can do it.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Sounds like they just cant be bothered to me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=72404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Print off the LTB at the link at point out paragraph 3.6 to both the manager and the rep.
Print off the LTB at the link at point out paragraph 3.6 to both the manager and the rep.
There is no clause attached to "Can" -so it means it is permissible, not can at the manager's discretion,3.6 Rest days will apply in line with normal year round arrangements. Attendances may be varied by local agreement to take account of workload forecasts and service requirements. Where workload requires people can volunteer to work their normal rest day in return for a day in lieu or scheduled attendance where a rest day falls on a Bank Holiday (i.e. 25, 28 December or 1 January and 2 January in Scotland) and it is not operationally sensible to transfer the rest day to another day in the same week people will receive an additional day holiday (including those working ‘a week off in six’ or other variations on this theme) in the form of a day in lieu or alternatively the excess hours can be taken as normal overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Mine is also the Saturday ... but obviously the week after it's the Monday - which IS a Bank Holiday - so I guess I can claim for that one ??Theghost wrote:if it falls on the Friday yes,If its the Saturday no,Saturday is a non service day.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
CJ12
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 02 Oct 2012, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
If your rest days are on any of the Bank Holidays you can claim either a Lieu day OR payment for the hours at Monday to Saturday Overtime Rate. If any of your rest days fall on Saturday 26th you should be given a day off this week.
For example: I am due my rest days on FRIDAY 25TH, SATURDAY 26TH, SUNDAY 27TH, MONDAY 28TH, TUESDAY 29TH
So I can claim a LIEU DAY OR BANK HOLIDAY EXCESS AT NORMAL MON-SAT OVERTIME RATE FOR THE FRIDAY 25TH AND THE MONDAY 28TH BANK HOLIDAY
For the Saturday 26TH I get a day off this week (in my case) THURSDAY 24TH
The Sunday 27th And Tuesday 29th Are Normal Days Which I Will Take As I Usually Would.
I Work A 4 Day Week Over A 3 Week Rotation In This Order: M,tu,wed,th, Rest,rest,rest,rest,rest,wed,th,fri,sat,rest,mon,tu,rest,rest,fri,sat Then It Rotates Again In Same Order Hence The Extra Long Weekend I Am Due This Weekend And Every 3 Weeks.
This Information Can Be Found In Cwu Agreements And Is Even On The Royal Mail Employee Information Website.
Hope this explains, the choice about payment or lieu dayis yours, managers cannot refuse to pay you instead of a lieu day!
For example: I am due my rest days on FRIDAY 25TH, SATURDAY 26TH, SUNDAY 27TH, MONDAY 28TH, TUESDAY 29TH
So I can claim a LIEU DAY OR BANK HOLIDAY EXCESS AT NORMAL MON-SAT OVERTIME RATE FOR THE FRIDAY 25TH AND THE MONDAY 28TH BANK HOLIDAY
For the Saturday 26TH I get a day off this week (in my case) THURSDAY 24TH
The Sunday 27th And Tuesday 29th Are Normal Days Which I Will Take As I Usually Would.
I Work A 4 Day Week Over A 3 Week Rotation In This Order: M,tu,wed,th, Rest,rest,rest,rest,rest,wed,th,fri,sat,rest,mon,tu,rest,rest,fri,sat Then It Rotates Again In Same Order Hence The Extra Long Weekend I Am Due This Weekend And Every 3 Weeks.
This Information Can Be Found In Cwu Agreements And Is Even On The Royal Mail Employee Information Website.
Hope this explains, the choice about payment or lieu dayis yours, managers cannot refuse to pay you instead of a lieu day!
-
bikermem
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
My situation is I am a reserve so on Saturday they told me my rest day was going to be on Wednesday. Then come Monday I got told that my rest day is now Saturday which I would have had off already due to Christmas. So now I am going to work an extra day and not get an extra day holiday or pay.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Day off falls on Christmas
Reps told me otherwise , you only get a day in lieu if you r day off is Friday this week