ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Missed hours due to floods
-
Reallywheelie
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 09:32
- Gender: Female
Missed hours due to floods
Hello, I missed work on Saturday because of the weather (severe flooding). I was told that because I was paid for Saturday that I would have to make up the lost hours. Is this correct? and if yes, can anyone provide me with the document that states this 'rule'. Many thanks in advance.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Missed hours due to floods
You don't have to make up the hours, though conversely royal mail don't need to pay you for them either and can count the absence on the attendance procedure
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Missed hours due to floods
more than likely they will take a day off your annual leave not your fault weather is so bad but hey ho we work for rmReallywheelie wrote:Hello, I missed work on Saturday because of the weather (severe flooding). I was told that because I was paid for Saturday that I would have to make up the lost hours. Is this correct? and if yes, can anyone provide me with the document that states this 'rule'. Many thanks in advance.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Missed hours due to floods
May not help now but check out the Severe weather brief (last post) on this thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 95#p421244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Flooding is after all severe weather.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dwob
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Missed hours due to floods
This happened to me a couple of years ago, they took it off my annual leave despite the fact I was up early trying to find a route of of the village and nearly got stranded!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Missed hours due to floods
They should give you a choice of no pay, or take it off your annual leave, or maybe work your day off next week in lieu of it.dwob wrote:This happened to me a couple of years ago, they took it off my annual leave despite the fact I was up early trying to find a route of of the village and nearly got stranded!
-
Reallywheelie
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 09:32
- Gender: Female
Re: Missed hours due to floods
Thanks all. It's December so I'm already working every day! But I was asked to work extra hours on Monday. I didn't know my options so I agreed - and admittedly we did successfully clear our backlog of mail in one day. But you're right, it's not worth taking crazy risks to try and get to work in severe weather. Lesson learnt.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Missed hours due to floods
You can report for duty at another office if you can get there.
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Missed hours due to floods
Shame you didn't have a boat, then you could have paddled and looped......sorry 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Missed hours due to floods

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.