ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

atos/injuries

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
heckster
Posts: 48
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 18:01
Gender: Male

atos/injuries

Post by heckster »

I lost a few days off recently with a shoulder strain, after 3 days I went back to work, I had a return to work interview etc, I said I felt ok , didn't consult a doctor, was asked if I wanted an atos appointment, which I stupidly turned down. the problem has come back but can I still request an atos despite ive been back a week or so?
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: atos/injuries

Post by rehabron »

heckster wrote:I lost a few days off recently with a shoulder strain, after 3 days I went back to work, I had a return to work interview etc, I said I felt ok , didn't consult a doctor, was asked if I wanted an atos appointment, which I stupidly turned down. the problem has come back but can I still request an atos despite ive been back a week or so?
I am surprised that you were offered an OH Assist appointment ( ATOS) when after completing the questionnaire in the BTW interview you stated that you were Ok. The BTW interview is to ascertain if you have made a full recovery from the illness that caused the absence, You can request a referral to OH Assist on the basis that you feel that you have a recurrence of your shoulder strain and this cannot be denied by line manager, You did not mention in your posting if the shoulder strain is work related or you have had this recorded in relation to an injury at work ?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: atos/injuries

Post by greengiant »

Conversely, if a line manager (hypothetically) knew that an opg was going for surgery which would require at least 8 weeks recovery, should the opg be surprised / concerned that atos hasn't so far been mentioned at all to the opg? :hmmmm
iHateD2Ds
Posts: 548
Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33

Re: atos/injuries

Post by iHateD2Ds »

By returning to work Your shoulder will naturally be aggravated .Tell your manager this and that you want an OHAssist referral, who should organise some physio for you.
BTW my manager told me if an injury is more than 8 weeks old then OH will not assist!