Not a question I get asked very often but my manager did so today as I came back off delivery. He was wondering if I could do a bundle of mail on my way home for 30 mins overtime!
This is what its come to, we are so short staffed. Naturally I declined the offer. Mail integrity seems to have gone out of the window then.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
'Where do you live'?
-
pants123
Re: 'Where do you live'?
Thinks are only going to get worse....
Its that bad i dont know what to say to be positive...
The business is heading for destruction...
I dont think words have any meaning any more...
If there is a heaven , take me please....
Its that bad i dont know what to say to be positive...
The business is heading for destruction...
I dont think words have any meaning any more...
If there is a heaven , take me please....
Last edited by pants123 on 10 Oct 2015, 02:34, edited 2 times in total.
-
alliasjay
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
- Gender: Male
Re: 'Where do you live'?
Been asked several times over the past year for this kind of stuff, even though your not meant to be using your own vehicle. Also when you sign out of the office for the day doesn't that mean that your no longer under their care or something, so if something does happen it was in your own time.
However your the one that'll be sticking your neck out, not them even though your helping them. Not that there would probably be any issues but still.
I had done it once where I was unable to deliver a couple of small packets... they ended up coming with me to my home.. which I didn't really feel comfortable with, ofc I brought them back in the morning but yeah. Probably not worth the hassle. Each to their own though
However your the one that'll be sticking your neck out, not them even though your helping them. Not that there would probably be any issues but still.
I had done it once where I was unable to deliver a couple of small packets... they ended up coming with me to my home.. which I didn't really feel comfortable with, ofc I brought them back in the morning but yeah. Probably not worth the hassle. Each to their own though
-
pants123
Re: 'Where do you live'?
Mail integrity, only applies when it, comes to sacking people... and cutting deliveries to the bone...DiamondSmiles wrote:Not a question I get asked very often but my manager did so today as I came back off delivery. He was wondering if I could do a bundle of mail on my way home for 30 mins overtime!
This is what its come to, we are so short staffed. Naturally I declined the offer. Mail integrity seems to have gone out of the window then.
Any other time i agree mail integrity has gone out the window when it benefits royal mail...