ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contracted Hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nhoj14
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Sep 2015, 17:12
Gender: Male

Contracted Hours

Post by nhoj14 »

I am on a 32 hour contract, but am unsure on my exact day to day contracted hours. I thought I was on 38 hours and 25 minutes a week, 6 hours 10 mins Monday, 6 hours 30 mins Tuesday to Friday and 6 hours 15 minutes on Saturday. The reason i'm asking is that I worked my wally week this week and I believe they have taken 5 minutes off me every day. Does anyone know the correct contracted daily hours or where you can get them from?
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Contracted Hours

Post by Darren Bent »

you work 6 days and get paid from Monday to Friday and Saturday pay is for your week off. so if you work 7 hours every day you will get paid for 35 hours and paid 7 hours on 6th week. Then that week you work for 42 hours.