Hi.
Just wondering you're opinion on this is really and could i possibly be dismissed.
I've been suffering from a bad back injury of late but I've still been coming into work.
Before i was due to go out on my walk yesterday i told my manager how i was really struggling with my back and that i might not be able to do the walk. The manager said i had to go out and do some of the walk and just do whatever i could.
So i begrudgingly went out on my walk.
However my back got worse while we were out there. We also had a problem with our van. So my partner tried to ring the manager to tell him about the van situation but the manager didn't answer his phone. I was going to tell the manager at the same time that i wont be able to do the walk.
However unfortunately he didn't answer the phone and i was in such pain i went home.
Ive now come in the next day and had to have a fact finding interview and be threatened with possible conduct. Mainly due to them not receiving the phone call.
I just wonder what you think may happen.
Like i said i told the manager several times about my situation before going out and he said just do whatever you can do, so he knew i may not be able to complete. He also knows I've got a doctors appointment in a few days.
Tbh I really thought i would be covered as i told the manager before going out.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Possible dismissal?
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Possible dismissal?
Are you related to Leebest112 as he had the same issue 2 days ago?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Possible dismissal?
it is lee best 112jimmynailsalive wrote:Are you related to Leebest112 as he had the same issue 2 days ago?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Possible dismissal?
ive known a few get off a stage 3 dont worryLeebest112 wrote:Hi.
Just wondering you're opinion on this is really and could i possibly be dismissed.
I've been suffering from a bad back injury of late but I've still been coming into work.
Before i was due to go out on my walk yesterday i told my manager how i was really struggling with my back and that i might not be able to do the walk. The manager said i had to go out and do some of the walk and just do whatever i could.
So i begrudgingly went out on my walk.
However my back got worse while we were out there. We also had a problem with our van. So my partner tried to ring the manager to tell him about the van situation but the manager didn't answer his phone. I was going to tell the manager at the same time that i wont be able to do the walk.
However unfortunately he didn't answer the phone and i was in such pain i went home.
Ive now come in the next day and had to have a fact finding interview and be threatened with possible conduct. Mainly due to them not receiving the phone call.
I just wonder what you think may happen.
Like i said i told the manager several times about my situation before going out and he said just do whatever you can do, so he knew i may not be able to complete. He also knows I've got a doctors appointment in a few days.
Tbh I really thought i would be covered as i told the manager before going out.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Possible dismissal?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=70680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;arnold cheshire wrote:it is lee best 112jimmynailsalive wrote:Are you related to Leebest112 as he had the same issue 2 days ago?
???????
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Possible dismissal?
Yes he committed a forum Faux pas by posting the same subject in 2 different forums. No biggie.jimmynailsalive wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=70680" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;arnold cheshire wrote:it is lee best 112jimmynailsalive wrote:Are you related to Leebest112 as he had the same issue 2 days ago?
???????
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Possible dismissal?
when i had a bad back i couldnt even sit in my car never mind work
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Possible dismissal?
Just maintain you made a reasonable effort to contact them, hopefully your partner will back you up.