ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Working at other offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

Working at other offices

Post by geordieboy123 »

Has anyone especially reserves been paid for travelling time when asked to work at another office?
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Working at other offices

Post by wannabeek »

Yeah, I always do. Hours start from my base office and end there too. I also get paid mileage if I use my own vehicle to get there and back (that's voluntary if I do that tho, they can't insist on it).
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Working at other offices

Post by coxie »

You can claim back mileage but you can also refuse to use your own vehicle and arrive at your own office and insist they supply a means of travel.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Working at other offices

Post by wannabeek »

unhappyCumbria wrote:45p per mile from your base (not your house) to the new office, then drops after 4000 miles.
:crazy:

I've never hit that threshold yet!