ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evr

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
unionjack0
Posts: 65
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 21:50

Evr

Post by unionjack0 »

I can't get my head around the latest goings on at our d.o.5month ago told we were understaffed and employed 5 part timers on 6 monthly rolling contracts.ANd fair play they've all stuck to the job .Today we were told we are now over staffed and that 2evrs would be offered to the most senior men who wanted it.NOw I'm no mathematician but surely would it not be more cost effective not to renew the contracts of a couple or even 4 of the temps.HArsh on them I no but surely when they started they new the score regarding there contracts ..BUt in the flip side I guess the 2senior men will going with a fair payoff,both got 40 yrs in
slinder123
Posts: 261
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
Gender: Female

Re: Evr

Post by slinder123 »

evr is for over 55 only not for senior staff so if someone is over 55 with 10 years service and a man with 20 years service and is under 55 the man over 55 with 10 years service gets it first if he wants it
:Boo hoo!
Rommagic
Posts: 1517
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Evr

Post by Rommagic »

Any EVR going anywhere round the country?.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Evr

Post by Red Robbo »

Yeah,Bristol :Very Happy
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Evr

Post by CharlesSpooner »

slinder123 wrote:evr is for over 55 only
EVR is something I dearly wish for - but I'm well under 55 :cry