ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
HGV allowances?
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: HGV allowances?
Dunno but you get the largest parking space in the yard 
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: HGV allowances?
7.5 tonne ( or bigger ) drivers do not get an " allowance ", they are on a different pay scale. I used to drive such a vehicle just one day a week, for 18 months or so. I used to claim the ( one day ) Professional Driver " allowance " every week. The fact that I drove the lorry albeit for only one day a week meant I had to abide by the relevant driver's regulations. This means having to have at least 11 hours off between shifts, and a 45 hour break every other weekend .
Then my duty altered, and I was driving a 7.5 tonne every day, and I went on to the PD pay scale.
My union rep thought I should have been on the PD pay scale as soon as I started driving the 7.5 tonners , ( one day a week ). He fought long and hard to get me the back pay, and after 6 months or so I had a very nice wage slip one week.
So IMO, anyone driving a 7.5 tonne lorry should get an extra payment, even if it's just one day a week. ( if they are not a PD that is.)
Then my duty altered, and I was driving a 7.5 tonne every day, and I went on to the PD pay scale.
My union rep thought I should have been on the PD pay scale as soon as I started driving the 7.5 tonners , ( one day a week ). He fought long and hard to get me the back pay, and after 6 months or so I had a very nice wage slip one week.
So IMO, anyone driving a 7.5 tonne lorry should get an extra payment, even if it's just one day a week. ( if they are not a PD that is.)