ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Moving House. Day off?
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Moving House. Day off?
Years ago I remember getting an extra day's leave for moving house. Anyone know if this still applies. [It was the 80's so wouldn't be surprised if the answer is no!]
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving House. Day off?
PS I know we get free redirection but as I've yet to find anywhere to live is Keepsafe free?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Moving House. Day off?
keepsafe is still free as I used it a while ago when I went on Holiday.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving House. Day off?
Prepare to be unsurprised...
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Moving House. Day off?
I asked for the Saturday I got married on off when I worked at Royal Mail and got refused it because my wedding was at 3pm.. So good luck

-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Moving House. Day off?
I'm also in the same boat, we're moving at the beginning of June.
I spoke to our bookroom, your not entitled to any paid special leave but can take unpaid special leave down to your manager to agree/OK.
Or I'm afraid its annual leave to move.
When I spoke to my manager he said I could have a week unpaid (solves his over staffing problem that week I guess), but I'm thinking more like 2 days.
Good luck
I spoke to our bookroom, your not entitled to any paid special leave but can take unpaid special leave down to your manager to agree/OK.
Or I'm afraid its annual leave to move.
When I spoke to my manager he said I could have a week unpaid (solves his over staffing problem that week I guess), but I'm thinking more like 2 days.
Good luck