ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by NewPostieUK »

I have two separate redirections that come redirected from somewhere else. I need to see the NAMES so I know which letters to redirect, but TWO plonkers cover the whole name and address with the sticker, so I have to peel it off to look underneath. Sometimes this pulls off the name.

Could you please leave the name exposed so I can read it. The stickers have D.O. and duty number on them (two different parts of the country). If you don't start doing it properly I will name and shame. Or tell my DOM (ner ner na ner ner).

Bloody frustrating :arrrghhh
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by apple »

happens all the time, the favourite is why use a bag when a band round the letters and a sticker will do
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

apple wrote:happens all the time, the favourite is why use a bag when a band round the letters and a sticker will do
I get that for a business and they have made a formal complaint, someones going to get an ear bending.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by dave72 »

Bands around the letters and 1 sticker boils my pee, the letters are all bent and awkward to throw in :arrrghhh

Ive had a customer complain, they moved from one street to another on my round, they put a redirection in but I thought sod the stickers as it is on my own round. They complained no redirection stickers are on their letters when I post them :shock:
villan
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by villan »

NewPostieUK wrote:I have two separate redirections that come redirected from somewhere else. I need to see the NAMES so I know which letters to redirect, but TWO plonkers cover the whole name and address with the sticker, so I have to peel it off to look underneath. Sometimes this pulls off the name.

Could you please leave the name exposed so I can read it. The stickers have D.O. and duty number on them (two different parts of the country). If you don't start doing it properly I will name and shame. Or tell my DOM (ner ner na ner ner).

Bloody frustrating :arrrghhh
I had exactly the same scenario. Whoever was putting the stickers on made no attempt to leave the name visible. I eventually got fed up and mentioned it to the DOM ... who did nothing about it. I thought about returning the items but then I'd have got into bother for delaying the mail. The situation only resolved itself when the redirection expired and wasn't renewed.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by NewPostieUK »

apple wrote:happens all the time, the favourite is why use a bag when a band round the letters and a sticker will do
I don't like this, but it's better than nothing at all. Mindbogglingly, some people assume that you magically know about a redirection within the office. I just assume it's a missort and send it back. I'm sure some letter go round in circles for days.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by NewPostieUK »

Just a thought. When someone moves to 'Big House' and sets up a redirection, then moves to 'Other House', why doesn't the original redirection get changed? It would save a load of hassle, and reduce the delay as well.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by PHARRY »

NewPostieUK wrote:I have two separate redirections that come redirected from somewhere else. I need to see the NAMES so I know which letters to redirect, but TWO plonkers cover the whole name and address with the sticker, so I have to peel it off to look underneath. Sometimes this pulls off the name.

Could you please leave the name exposed so I can read it. The stickers have D.O. and duty number on them (two different parts of the country). If you don't start doing it properly I will name and shame. Or tell my DOM (ner ner na ner ner).

Bloody frustrating :arrrghhh

Don't be a grass
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

What's the procedure on this problem I had today. I got two redirections from a house both to different addresses. (guessing a marriage break up). Today I got a letter today with both there names on. I showed the lino and he took a picture of it and said just to deliver it to the original address. Anyone else had this problem?.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Go with the FIRST name? I've got one family move who sold their house to a same name family! :crazy:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by CharlesSpooner »

CPTNemoUK wrote:What's the procedure on this problem I had today. I got two redirections from a house both to different addresses. (guessing a marriage break up). Today I got a letter today with both there names on. I showed the lino and he took a picture of it and said just to deliver it to the original address. Anyone else had this problem?.
When I was trained (Many, many moons ago) I was told that you only redirect a letter if it's addressed to the named person only. If there are other names on the letter that aren't on the redirection then just deliver as normal. I'm guessing you'd be carrying out an unauthorised redirection otherwise.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Covering name with redirection sticker?!?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

CharlesSpooner wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:What's the procedure on this problem I had today. I got two redirections from a house both to different addresses. (guessing a marriage break up). Today I got a letter today with both there names on. I showed the lino and he took a picture of it and said just to deliver it to the original address. Anyone else had this problem?.
When I was trained (Many, many moons ago) I was told that you only redirect a letter if it's addressed to the named person only. If there are other names on the letter that aren't on the redirection then just deliver as normal. I'm guessing you'd be carrying out an unauthorised redirection otherwise.

Ditto - double redir on 1 address - if a letter with both names comes it gets delivered not redirected.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.