ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm too late to buy annual leave ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DrFunkee
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Apr 2014, 16:50
Gender: Female

I'm too late to buy annual leave ?

Post by DrFunkee »

Hi,
I have been with RM for over a year now and found out in the first week of April that I can buy additional AL. Only found out because one of the other workers was chatting about it. I asked my Manager if I could backdate my payments to end of Feb so I would be entitled this year. He has chased this up but informed me today I have missed the cut off.
I have contacted HR today and they said the same thing --I have missed the cut off.
As I was never informed I had this right I'm wondering how I could have applied for it without knowledge that it was available???

I asked HR how I can take this further, they advised me to put a complaint in writting to the boss of the first RM sorting office I was based at (I moved about 10 months ago to a new office), as he should have informed me. I asked if the complaint was upheld would I be able to back date my payment for this year-----the answer ----- no you've missed the cut off.

So do I just have to grin and bear it or is there something I can do?

Cheers

XX
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: I'm too late to buy annual leave ?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

POAL is/was kept very quiet at our depot, it was only through here I saw the truth, from memory the cut off date to get POAL the following tax year is the end of February (28th?).