ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Newbie - sickness

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kikidee
Posts: 23
Joined: 25 Jan 2015, 14:37
Gender: Female

Newbie - sickness

Post by Kikidee »

Hi there

I've been with RM for about 10 weeks. Went to 3yo nephew's party at wkend and woke up this morn at 2am with (what I now realise is) norovirus. I rang work and asked if today could be my day off, which they agreed to , hoping it would be a 24 hr thing but even tho it has improved there's no way I can go in tmrw, plus really don't want to expose anyone else to it.

So wondering if I go back in weds, will I get paid for today & tmrw? Also, will it look bad come my 6 mth probation.

*side note* is the pension good? Should I be in it?
falkirk1
Posts: 10
Joined: 03 Sep 2014, 22:28
Gender: Male

Re: Newbie - sickness

Post by falkirk1 »

If you go back on Wednesday you'll lose a days wages, got to be with the company for a year for it to be paid.
Kikidee
Posts: 23
Joined: 25 Jan 2015, 14:37
Gender: Female

Re: Newbie - sickness

Post by Kikidee »

falkirk1 wrote:If you go back on Wednesday you'll lose a days wages, got to be with the company for a year for it to be paid.
Oh OK, thanks for reply :)
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Newbie - sickness

Post by terry2972 »

The pension is worthwhile but to join the main scheme you have to get one year in
Kikidee
Posts: 23
Joined: 25 Jan 2015, 14:37
Gender: Female

Re: Newbie - sickness

Post by Kikidee »

terry2972 wrote:The pension is worthwhile but to join the main scheme you have to get one year in
Cheers, good to know