ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
-
freeindeed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 17:39
- Gender: Male
How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Hello,
I worked as a postman for 9 months but left in December after getting fed up of being treated so badly (unpaid overtime, refused annual leave, being sent out to the sticks and then not being needed etc etc)
After leaving I asked my manager on several occasions about unpaid annual leave, he said he would pursue it, but nothing has happened. Who do I contact? Can I still claim it?
Many thanks, P.
I worked as a postman for 9 months but left in December after getting fed up of being treated so badly (unpaid overtime, refused annual leave, being sent out to the sticks and then not being needed etc etc)
After leaving I asked my manager on several occasions about unpaid annual leave, he said he would pursue it, but nothing has happened. Who do I contact? Can I still claim it?
Many thanks, P.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Cheapest way...pay £75 and raise a small claims action.
I won
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
I would contact HR Sheffield either by e-mail or in writing and inform them that your final wage slip failed to include untaken annual leave payment and several requests to your line manager your claim has remained unanswered and you wish a written reply from them on this matter.freeindeed wrote:Hello,
I worked as a postman for 9 months but left in December after getting fed up of being treated so badly (unpaid overtime, refused annual leave, being sent out to the sticks and then not being needed etc etc)
After leaving I asked my manager on several occasions about unpaid annual leave, he said he would pursue it, but nothing has happened. Who do I contact? Can I still claim it?
Many thanks, P.
Depending on your reply then I would go with the posting from "SpiderJ" and attempt to have this rectified in a small claims court. Before you go down this approach the small claims court will ask if you have made any attempt to solve this matter with the company and you can produce the written reply you have received from HR.
If you are fortunate to win your claim and you are representing yourself or by a friend remember to claim back the court expenses.
-
freeindeed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 17:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Thanks, does anyone have their email address?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
how much leave did you take from 1st april ?freeindeed wrote:Hello,
I worked as a postman for 9 months but left in December after getting fed up of being treated so badly (unpaid overtime, refused annual leave, being sent out to the sticks and then not being needed etc etc)
After leaving I asked my manager on several occasions about unpaid annual leave, he said he would pursue it, but nothing has happened. Who do I contact? Can I still claim it?
Many thanks, P.
-
Carlito
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 08:46
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
I am looking at maybe leaving my job and I am still owed 13 days from last years holiday allowance which I couldn't take last year so it was rolled over to this years allowance.
If I leave will i be able to claim the 13 days back in pay?
Also how many weeks notice do you have to leave?
If I leave will i be able to claim the 13 days back in pay?
Also how many weeks notice do you have to leave?
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Disgusting if managers still try this trick.
Same happened when i left.
Was owed about 4 weeks because i had accumulated quite a bit whilst off wrongly sacked.
Phoned up the dom regularly as well as HR.
Eventually he caved in.
Its really anoying but it must piss them off if your always on their back.
Same happened when i left.
Was owed about 4 weeks because i had accumulated quite a bit whilst off wrongly sacked.
Phoned up the dom regularly as well as HR.
Eventually he caved in.
Its really anoying but it must piss them off if your always on their back.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Yes you will be entitled to all accrued leave, including any carried over.Carlito wrote:I am looking at maybe leaving my job and I am still owed 13 days from last years holiday allowance which I couldn't take last year so it was rolled over to this years allowance.
If I leave will i be able to claim the 13 days back in pay?
Also how many weeks notice do you have to leave?
1 Payment period for notice - so 1 week for weekly, and 1 month for monthly paid peeps.
But don't forget as you'll be leaving of your own choice you will lose ALL entitlement to the Free Shares.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Carlito
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 08:46
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Yes I understsnd about losing my shares.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes you will be entitled to all accrued leave, including any carried over.Carlito wrote:I am looking at maybe leaving my job and I am still owed 13 days from last years holiday allowance which I couldn't take last year so it was rolled over to this years allowance.
If I leave will i be able to claim the 13 days back in pay?
Also how many weeks notice do you have to leave?
1 Payment period for notice - so 1 week for weekly, and 1 month for monthly paid peeps.
But don't forget as you'll be leaving of your own choice you will lose ALL entitlement to the Free Shares.
When you say accured leave what do you mean?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
On the start of the leave year you are entitled to a full years leave, only if you actually stay the full year.Carlito wrote:Yes I understsnd about losing my shares.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes you will be entitled to all accrued leave, including any carried over.Carlito wrote:I am looking at maybe leaving my job and I am still owed 13 days from last years holiday allowance which I couldn't take last year so it was rolled over to this years allowance.
If I leave will i be able to claim the 13 days back in pay?
Also how many weeks notice do you have to leave?
1 Payment period for notice - so 1 week for weekly, and 1 month for monthly paid peeps.
But don't forget as you'll be leaving of your own choice you will lose ALL entitlement to the Free Shares.
When you say accured leave what do you mean?
You accrue your entitlement to leave on average by 2.5 days a month. So out of this leave year, at present if you resigned tomorrow ignoring any carried over leave you would have accrued 1.8 days leave. (thats on the assumption you have 30 days leave entitlement)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Carlito
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 08:46
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
I am entitled to 22.5 days a year and I had last week off which is for this years holiday so I still have 17.5 days left for this years entitlement.
Then I am owed 13 days from last year so if I leave in the next few weeks how much will I be able to claim back in money??
Then I am owed 13 days from last year so if I leave in the next few weeks how much will I be able to claim back in money??
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
You'll need to ring HR to get a definitive answer but if you leave soon and have already used 5 days leave, but have only accrued 2.5 - you'll owe them.
However, they may be willing, if you are, to mitigate the amount you owe with some of the 13 days from last year.
Give HR a ring soonest.
However, they may be willing, if you are, to mitigate the amount you owe with some of the 13 days from last year.
Give HR a ring soonest.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Carlito
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 08:46
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
Ok I'll ring HR and see what they say.
When you say only accured 2.5 days what do you mean?
I'm owed 13 days from last years holidays entitlement so I must surely be entitled to claim that back but I can't see any way that I would owe them anything?
The week I had off last week was from this years entitlement.
Thanks
When you say only accured 2.5 days what do you mean?
I'm owed 13 days from last years holidays entitlement so I must surely be entitled to claim that back but I can't see any way that I would owe them anything?
The week I had off last week was from this years entitlement.
Thanks
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
do you mean the week off last week was from last years ??Carlito wrote:Ok I'll ring HR and see what they say.
When you say only accured 2.5 days what do you mean?
I'm owed 13 days from last years holidays entitlement so I must surely be entitled to claim that back but I can't see any way that I would owe them anything?
The week I had off last week was from this years entitlement.
Thanks
-
Carlito
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 20 Feb 2011, 08:46
- Gender: Male
Re: How to claim back owed annual leave after resigning?
No the week I had off last week was from this years entitlement, I have recently booked 1 week in June and 1 week in July using last years entitlement and still have 3 days to book using last years owed holiday that is the 13 days I'm owed.arnold cheshire wrote:do you mean the week off last week was from last years ??Carlito wrote:Ok I'll ring HR and see what they say.
When you say only accured 2.5 days what do you mean?
I'm owed 13 days from last years holidays entitlement so I must surely be entitled to claim that back but I can't see any way that I would owe them anything?
The week I had off last week was from this years entitlement.
Thanks