ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lieu Days

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mtber
Posts: 16
Joined: 18 Sep 2011, 09:05
Gender: Male

Lieu Days

Post by mtber »

Hi All,
I will have stored up 3 days on friday with it being good friday and its my day off the others go back to christmas and august bank holiday
I have asked numerous times for these odd days , But keep on getting told i can,t have them
What exactly are the rules on lieu days and what agreements have the union got on this
tuffin
Posts: 31
Joined: 22 Jan 2015, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Lieu Days

Post by tuffin »

From the RM / CWU PSP 2012 Joint statement hope this is of some help

Bank & Public Holidays

Normal Bank Holiday arrangements will continue to apply. Employees who work a bank holiday will continue to get either overtime or a day in lieu. The number of hours worked on the Bank Holiday will be credited back into the annual leave quota* (as a bank holiday day off in lieu). The system automatically credits hours worked back to the employee when the correct bank holiday payment is selected. Arrangements for part timers will continue to be pro-rated to ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of the days in the week they work.

*For clarity where an individual works 2 hours or more and they choose a day in lieu they will be credited with hour’s equivalent to their average attendance for that week.

Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Lieu Days

Post by DB1100 »

I ask for the money as it is hopeless trying to get a lieu day when I want it.
For we were soldiers once,and young
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Lieu Days

Post by olilew »

DB1100 wrote:I ask for the money as it is hopeless trying to get a lieu day when I want it.

My rest day falls on Good Friday so I asked our dom if I can get paid instead of a lieu day and he said 'No they only do that in London'!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Lieu Days

Post by POSTMAN »

:cuppa
0220 RMG Time off Holiday summary A4.pdf
bh.PNG
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Lieu Days

Post by olilew »

POSTMAN wrote::cuppa
0220 RMG Time off Holiday summary A4.pdf
bh.PNG
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for that I'm gonna take that in tomorrow and freak him out with it! I'm sick of getting lieu days that I can never take!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."