ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
-
2791dean
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 23 Dec 2010, 09:42
- Gender: Male
Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
I'm convinced that the top bosses in Royal Mail are intent on running the company into the ground!!!
Apart from trying to make savings time after time when most of the business is running short staffed! I think it's about time they started raking in the lost revenue due to businesses fraudulently abusing the PPi contracts! Maybe we wouldn't need to make all these cuts if it weren't for this loss in revenue!
We can see the fraud going on clearly on a daily basis, PPi untagged and dropped in post offices, PPi dropped in post offices with no paperwork, PPi packets stuffed in post boxes (obviously with no paperwork!) it goes on on a regular basis and nothing is getting done about it from what can be seen! I myself have handed stuff into revenue, pointed stuff out to them, informed managers and yet the same customers are still post stuff!!! Got to the point where it's pointless to keep telling people! You ask us to be vigilant and keep an eye out for this sort of thing and yet it seems no one does a damn thing about it!
Another instance I've spotted on my travels is post office counters scanning recorded books!!! not the parcels just the books?? who's to say that customer has even put what parcels are in the book in the bags that he's sealed!!! FFS it's about time to get a grip of this stuff and say NO MORE!!! The business is being taken the piss out of by the very people were giving a cheaper service to!!............ the salesmen that sell these PPi contracts to the customers should be held responsible for these problems and made to deal with them, they don't mind taking the credit for the sale they should take the flack aswell!...... I've even heard of occasions when a customer has had his contract stopped for non payment and then rang customer services the next day and got a new account number!!! It's about time these people were made to stick to their contracts or remove them completely, It seems were giving our services away for free in some circumstances but from what I hear the people at the top seem to think it's ok as long as were making more than were losing!!?? What kind of way is that to run a business!
Now a lot of you out there might not care about it but I'd like to keep my job just a little bit longer and possibly have the shares be actually worth something at the end of the day!!!
Apart from trying to make savings time after time when most of the business is running short staffed! I think it's about time they started raking in the lost revenue due to businesses fraudulently abusing the PPi contracts! Maybe we wouldn't need to make all these cuts if it weren't for this loss in revenue!
We can see the fraud going on clearly on a daily basis, PPi untagged and dropped in post offices, PPi dropped in post offices with no paperwork, PPi packets stuffed in post boxes (obviously with no paperwork!) it goes on on a regular basis and nothing is getting done about it from what can be seen! I myself have handed stuff into revenue, pointed stuff out to them, informed managers and yet the same customers are still post stuff!!! Got to the point where it's pointless to keep telling people! You ask us to be vigilant and keep an eye out for this sort of thing and yet it seems no one does a damn thing about it!
Another instance I've spotted on my travels is post office counters scanning recorded books!!! not the parcels just the books?? who's to say that customer has even put what parcels are in the book in the bags that he's sealed!!! FFS it's about time to get a grip of this stuff and say NO MORE!!! The business is being taken the piss out of by the very people were giving a cheaper service to!!............ the salesmen that sell these PPi contracts to the customers should be held responsible for these problems and made to deal with them, they don't mind taking the credit for the sale they should take the flack aswell!...... I've even heard of occasions when a customer has had his contract stopped for non payment and then rang customer services the next day and got a new account number!!! It's about time these people were made to stick to their contracts or remove them completely, It seems were giving our services away for free in some circumstances but from what I hear the people at the top seem to think it's ok as long as were making more than were losing!!?? What kind of way is that to run a business!
Now a lot of you out there might not care about it but I'd like to keep my job just a little bit longer and possibly have the shares be actually worth something at the end of the day!!!
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
We're all here because we're not all there
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
I'm with you Dean, but to be honest, all the upper DIMS, DIMS and Linos seem to feel affects share prices is lapsing. Getting the mail out the door and not paying OT to the ones willing to claim it. That's a saving. The saving. We've all said it at least once - The management, esp. the ones closer to ground level, would not be tolerated at any other company. Well, maybe Amazon.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Unfortnately the top bods who make the decisions are clueless as to whats going on because the level of communication between the ranks is next to non-existent!! The only thing left for us to do is this --> 
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Couldn`t agree more. there`s so much PPI coming through the system without paperwork in our MC we have to be hemorrhaging an absolute fortune. I, like others, push it all to revenue protection but I`m sure they`re overwhelmed and It doesn`t get checked.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
O
Last edited by 97gaz on 15 Dec 2019, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
The USO seems to be nibbled at on a daily basis.
We used to get regular audits (6 monthly-ish) where they'd check the office was clear (30 items max iirc) and overtime was booked correctly etc but we haven't had one since privatisation.
I haven't had a bag check in years, nor a reminder about delivering every item including mis-sorts on my own delivery.
All we get these days is pressure to 'doorstep' as many tracked as we can, staffing levels to make the walks impossible without booking O/T and threats when cutting off.
I can't say I disagree with it all - privatisation happened so it IS about profit now - but I think they are cutting so deep into the fat they are cutting out some of the muscle and harming the companies long term potential.
We used to get regular audits (6 monthly-ish) where they'd check the office was clear (30 items max iirc) and overtime was booked correctly etc but we haven't had one since privatisation.
I haven't had a bag check in years, nor a reminder about delivering every item including mis-sorts on my own delivery.
All we get these days is pressure to 'doorstep' as many tracked as we can, staffing levels to make the walks impossible without booking O/T and threats when cutting off.
I can't say I disagree with it all - privatisation happened so it IS about profit now - but I think they are cutting so deep into the fat they are cutting out some of the muscle and harming the companies long term potential.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
We do a business call in my area every day on evening collections that never has any mail for us and no-one there apart from a book that never moves and a barcode to scan. We've been told to carry on doing it because we get paid to apparently, a complete waste of money from the business perspective, but there's a bit back in the RM pocket 
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
we mustn't refuse mail from TSO's so if we're concerned red x/ revnue protection the mail.
thats what we've been told to do
thats what we've been told to do
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
2791dean
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 23 Dec 2010, 09:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
If I red x'd every ppi bag I got from Post Offices revenue protection would need to work overtime 24/7! ........... the only reason these people are dropping it at TSO's is so they can avoid the system ! they think this stuff isn't checked and probably 9 times out of 10 it isn't! Once a customer has been found to be misusing their account in anyway it should be stopped immediately but according to a few I have spoken to it can take several days or more before anything is done and so more and more stuff gets through the system!!!....
Wake up and stop the s**t ASAP otherwise there will be no Royal Mail soon!!
Wake up and stop the s**t ASAP otherwise there will be no Royal Mail soon!!
-
thehappyones
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 11:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Don't forget the amount of stamps that go un-cancelled also!!
I counted recently approx. £200 worth of stamps in about 2hrs un-cancelled
I counted recently approx. £200 worth of stamps in about 2hrs un-cancelled
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
We're losing loads of hours , were also very short staffed , our office is Also run on staff working there day off every week .
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Defrauding Royal Mail out of money in the long term hurts the same customers in loss of service and deliveries to outlying areas, not to mention breach of criminal law.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
ysbrydtawel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: South West
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
The post office in my town have been told to red X every bag of PPI dropped off there, which they do. I then put them all in the red X york.
When I'm collecting from firms, if they have no PPI paperwork, I won't take it.
When I'm collecting from firms, if they have no PPI paperwork, I won't take it.
We have a perfect record in aviation: we never left one up there.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12181
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Seems to be a problem with late shifts at every mail centre in the country, the new builds seem to be the worst offenders. With all parcels eventually having barcodes it wouldn't surprise me to see RM do away with stamps for parcels and probably altogether eventually.thehappyones wrote:Don't forget the amount of stamps that go un-cancelled also!!
I counted recently approx. £200 worth of stamps in about 2hrs un-cancelled
If there's problems with PO branches accepting PPI without the correct paperwork then collections should be suspended from them branches, with a "three strikes and you're out" if collections have to be suspended from a PO branch 3 times then permanently stop collections from them branches