ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Slightly worried....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Slightly worried....

Post by BingBong »

had a letter marked up for a packet Today. Went to bag. No packet. Thinking I may have left it on my frame though when I got back there wasn't anything there and no manager said anything to me either.

I did have two parcels for the house next door but only marked up the letter for one. So maybe that's why.

I just worry about the whole wilful delay thing if I did leave it behind and a manager had picked it up.

What's the policy on wilful delay and packets. Is it the same as mail?
Toon Army!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by Lounge Lizard »

The same as for mail.
Everybody makes the occasional mistake and we shouldn't be working in a situation where we're terrified if or when we do. :sad:
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by BingBong »

Yes I know. I'm sure it's ok and I'm over thinking. Find out tomorrow I suppose. Though I'm sure they would of said as soon as they had a chance if I did leave it behind.
Toon Army!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by fishtank »

The whole point about wilful delay is that it has to be...wilful.
A genuine mistake is not wilful.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by Lounge Lizard »

fishtank wrote:The whole point about wilful delay is that it has to be...wilful.
A genuine mistake is not wilful.
But try telling any DOM that. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by BingBong »

Well I was back at the office a good 15 minutes before I went home. And manager saw me and didn't say nothing so. Who knows. It's probably just an error my end with marking up the wrong letter. I hope. :-/
Toon Army!
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by Surreypostie »

Maybe they found it and got someone to take it out, known that to happen before. Trouble with this job and the pressure, it might have been yesterday that you had that packet and you have just convinced yourself you've mislaid it.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by BingBong »

Day off yesterday mate sadly :-(
Toon Army!
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by Surreypostie »

Shame because I have done that before thinking I've lost something then remembering it was a previous day. Senile.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by BingBong »

I'm sure I'll be ok. You know how it is.
Toon Army!
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by dave72 »

Did you mark up the right letter? The walker with me marks up wrong letters all of the time, I'm sure she does it to confuse me :hmmmm
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by Lincox »

Why do people waste their time marking up letters for parcels. Simply put them in your packet bag in order and once you have delivered the first one, pull the next packet out and put on top of trolley or remember where the next one is due to be delivered.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Slightly worried....

Post by BingBong »

dave72 wrote:Did you mark up the right letter? The walker with me marks up wrong letters all of the time, I'm sure she does it to confuse me :hmmmm
thats what i mean seeing as next door had 2 packets i probably marked one up on one letter and one on next doors letter. fool that i am!
Toon Army!