Hi there
I'm starting at royal mail next week as a postwoman and driver part time at 24 hours I got my contract today and it's states starting pay will be £355.28 per week (pro rata for part time) when I applied I worked out I'd be earning around £218 is that amount correct they stated or is mime totally confused
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New starter - contract
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New starter - contract
purplesquirrel03 wrote:Hi there
I'm starting at royal mail next week as a postwoman and driver part time at 24 hours I got my contract today and it's states starting pay will be £355.28 per week (pro rata for part time) when I applied I worked out I'd be earning around £218 is that amount correct they stated or is mime totally confused
the £355.28 is for FT 39 hour staff so for 24 hours your guess is spot on for Gross Pay before deductions and allowances.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New starter - contract
Yes, and you will get a 50p per hour rise too after 6 months and a year, taking you to 395-ish pro-rata. (Assuming your performance is normal.)TrueBlueTerrier wrote:purplesquirrel03 wrote:Hi there
I'm starting at royal mail next week as a postwoman and driver part time at 24 hours I got my contract today and it's states starting pay will be £355.28 per week (pro rata for part time) when I applied I worked out I'd be earning around £218 is that amount correct they stated or is mime totally confused
the £355.28 is for FT 39 hour staff so for 24 hours your guess is spot on for Gross Pay before deductions and allowances.![]()
![]()
This is regardless of whether still on temp or permanent contract at that stage. Good luck!