Today our manager told us there are 6 month training jobs available working on fleet. Changing tyres,lights,safety aspects of the vans etc and then after the 6 months you will come back to your office where you work and will be able to do extra stuff in the office and be in charge of the safety of the vans I guess.
Im on a 23hr contract but I always work 35+hrs a week. Iam interested in applying but I dont want to just do my contract hrs without overtime. Also does anyone know what pay you will recieve (hourly rate) and would you be on a better hourly rate once you are back in office in 6 months time. There is no mention of pay on the memo.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does anyone know anything about the fleet training?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Does anyone know anything about the fleet training?
could be this not sure http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... et#p681611" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Does anyone know anything about the fleet training?
Yes thats the one. Still unsure about pay etc?!
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Does anyone know anything about the fleet training?
Hmm, interesting, i wonder if this will be national?