I was signed off not fit to work for 2 months Over Chistmas etc Fractured leg.
I had 2 weeks annual leave in November when off sick, I was told I will get back next year (carried over as late in the year etc). Is this correct ??
? Also there is 3 public bank holidays over Christmas Does anyone know If I should get these days back as well ???
Never been of sick in five years when ment to be on annual leave aswell etc, Any help would appreciated.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
-
gosickwithstress
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 12:28
- Gender: Male
Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
Last edited by gosickwithstress on 04 Feb 2015, 15:42, edited 2 times in total.
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Re: Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
No u don't get them back if off sick
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
Which is a bloody disgrace because they are bank holidays to which we have entitlement. If your day off falls upon one or all of these bank holidays you would be credited with days in lieu, so what is the difference if you happen to be sick on those days?
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
You should do,surely!gosickwithstress wrote:
Also there is 3 public bank holidays over Christmas Does anyone know If I should get these days back as well ???
.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
Unfortunately you don,t. I was also sick over christmas and had two days withdrawn from my bank holiday credits. Checked this with Area Rep who confirmed that this is normal practice within Royal Mail.Bahia Feliz wrote:You should do,surely!gosickwithstress wrote:
Also there is 3 public bank holidays over Christmas Does anyone know If I should get these days back as well ???
.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Banks Holidays While signed off sick ?
https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- ... ntitlement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Full Time OPGs are legally entitled to 28 days paid leave per year (5.6 working weeks).
If you have been an OPG for less than 5 financial years, you only get 22.5 days basic, the other 5.5 days have to come from bank holidays. Longer service OPGs that are FT will get extra basic days, so less of their entitlement has to come from bank holidays.
Normally, there are 8 bank holidays per year. If a FT OPG with less than 5 years service is off sick on Xmas Day and Boxing Day for example, but working their normal rota for the other six bank holidays, I would not expect credits for those sick days. If they were also sick on New Years Day, then I would expect them to get one annual leave credit back.
Full Time OPGs are legally entitled to 28 days paid leave per year (5.6 working weeks).
If you have been an OPG for less than 5 financial years, you only get 22.5 days basic, the other 5.5 days have to come from bank holidays. Longer service OPGs that are FT will get extra basic days, so less of their entitlement has to come from bank holidays.
Normally, there are 8 bank holidays per year. If a FT OPG with less than 5 years service is off sick on Xmas Day and Boxing Day for example, but working their normal rota for the other six bank holidays, I would not expect credits for those sick days. If they were also sick on New Years Day, then I would expect them to get one annual leave credit back.