ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Handing in my notice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lilmiss123
Posts: 13
Joined: 24 Jan 2014, 20:12
Gender: Female

Handing in my notice

Post by lilmiss123 »

Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

1 week for notice.

Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by rubberbond »

lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.
mad leveller
Posts: 33
Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 18:22

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by mad leveller »

rubberbond wrote:
lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
crl00002
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Jun 2014, 15:03
Gender: Male

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by crl00002 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1 week for notice.

Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
I'm sure on my contract it said you needed to give 2 weeks notice if you had been there between 6 and 12 months.
35wayno
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 30
Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by 35wayno »

You do not have to give any more notice than 5 days with less than a years service, better still just call in sick as they won't pay you anyway.

Good luck and a few of us wish we were doing the same
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

crl00002 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1 week for notice.

Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
I'm sure on my contract it said you needed to give 2 weeks notice if you had been there between 6 and 12 months.
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
lilmiss123
Posts: 13
Joined: 24 Jan 2014, 20:12
Gender: Female

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by lilmiss123 »

rubberbond wrote:
lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.

I'm leaving because the place is run like monkeys, the bosses don't care, you. Can't get the holidays want you just have to put up with what your given, your constanly bullied into doing overtime or victimised if you say no.... Yeah it's good money, but I can only see the company getting worse to work for ...
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Handing in my notice

Post by rubberbond »

lilmiss123 wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.

I'm leaving because the place is run like monkeys, the bosses don't care, you. Can't get the holidays want you just have to put up with what your given, your constanly bullied into doing overtime or victimised if you say no.... Yeah it's good money, but I can only see the company getting worse to work for ...
Those are the best bits.