ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

health hazards matrix errrm

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lamplite1c
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 18:28
Gender: Male

health hazards matrix errrm

Post by Lamplite1c »

Hi all, my name is Robert and I have an interview on Monday for a postie with driving job, really hoping interview goes well and I get the job. However the check list of documents that I need to bring original and copies of i have ticked off and prepared. But concerning the health hazard matrix, do I need to fill it in as the one that they sent via email has been ticked on parts but not others, do I need to tick the rest off in my job role to say yes I can do that or leave it blank if i cant? I know this may sound a really stupid question but I want it to go well and I was always taught just ask if you don't know.
All help and feedback is much appreciated oh and tips to impress will be even more appreciated.
Regards
Robert
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: health hazards matrix errrm

Post by GT85 »

I think the health hazard matrix is just to make you aware of possible injury risks associated with doing different parts of the job, I don't remember having to do anything with it. Maybe take it with you just in case and fill it it if they ask for it.

Good luck and have a look through the Introduce Yourself section of this site for advice on what they will ask at the interview.
We're all here because we're not all there
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: health hazards matrix errrm

Post by salomon »

I started in september after first applying in april and attending the interview at the end of june, longest drawn out process ever!
The main focus of theinterview was my fitness, the minute I said I was a marathon runner and exercised daily I was in. 3 new posties have started since me and given up in the first week, all younger than me and all expected to be driving a van and not pushing a trolley around.
Love the job but a huge lack of training and information available, you have to be prepared to ask everyone for how things work and what to do and when. Most posties have been very helpful. Good luck at your interview.
Hodsyharry
Posts: 28
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 17:12
Gender: Female

Re: health hazards matrix errrm

Post by Hodsyharry »

Agree about the lack of information. Even a simple A4 printout of the basics of what you are expected to do and find would have been great. Bombarded with information from my lovely trainer for three days and couldn't take it all in. Told to take pen and paper out but scrappy bit of paper got rather destroyed in the wind and rain and rate of walking didn't allow time to jot everything down. All the posties have been helpful though but it is ask and find out. Bearing in mind starting at 9am and I was still sorting after all the other posties had left, there was no one close to ask. Saying that I am finding my feet now after two months and love it. Enjoying walking and lost over a stone in weight. Good luck with your interview.
Lamplite1c
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 18:28
Gender: Male

Re: health hazards matrix errrm

Post by Lamplite1c »

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm so looking forward to hopefully a good interview and a job that will keep up the activity, lol lucky I like walking alot:) dontknow how people do office jobs.