ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moving Offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
islipaway
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 Mar 2014, 12:41
Gender: Male

Moving Offices

Post by islipaway »

Hello! I've recently been 'loaned' out to another office. My Union rep told me I didn't have to go and if I went I was doing so voluntarily and if I wanted to come back It would be on the management's terms.

Well it was my local office so I figured I'd see how it went and it was supposed to be for a week. I was being sent to cover another guy from our office who was on loan to this office but was on leave for that week. Well, I was on leave the week after that and I was told (with 1hrs notice) after my leave ended to return to the loaned office for another week. Now I am told to remain there until Christmas is over.

Now, I don't really mind. The work in this office is harder/longer but I like the office better. The manager in my original office is a lazy incompetent deceitful arsehole. I worked 3 months before anyone told me how to claim overtime. Meal relief has never been mentioned, my last leave request took 4 months. I am regularly asked to work my rest day the day before, but whenever I try and get a leave day requested it's 'not enough notice'. It took 6 months before I got full uniform and it wasn't the uniform I ordered.
:Boo hoo!

I'd like to stay in this new office. It's not perfect either but it's preferable. What's my best approach to this? Is it even possible?

Cheers!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12178
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Moving Offices

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Try having a chat with the DOM of the new office, he might be able to set the transfer process off