ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The new P739 Card
-
alloria
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
- Gender: Male
The new P739 Card
What a disaster!
Not enough room to write the address and postcode, meaning that you have to try to write it in that small space, and it ends up being unreadable.
Does anybody else agree?
Not enough room to write the address and postcode, meaning that you have to try to write it in that small space, and it ends up being unreadable.
Does anybody else agree?
Vote no on the "Agreement"
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
I prefer the old ones...not quite sure why they needed changing... 
-
oypostie
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: The new P739 Card
Quite agree. Massive backward step 
-
mad leveller
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 18:22
Re: The new P739 Card
Not just me then, didn't there's enough room for address 
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
The are two lines for the address, how big is your writing! Much of the time I can fit the address on without even using the second line.
The cards are much better, more idiot proof for customers that try and collect without ID and more clear on why the parcel or card couldn't be left if flats were inaccessible etc.
The cards are much better, more idiot proof for customers that try and collect without ID and more clear on why the parcel or card couldn't be left if flats were inaccessible etc.
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Re: The new P739 Card
They are rubbish, all the customers details should be on front, not front and back. The address space is a bit tight. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: The new P739 Card
OnAFlyer wrote:The are two lines for the address, how big is your writing! Much of the time I can fit the address on without even using the second line.
The cards are much better, more idiot proof for customers that try and collect without ID and more clear on why the parcel or card couldn't be left if flats were inaccessible etc.
100% agree - also a lot quicker to fill out as well. Bigger space below where the barcode goes enough space for multiple ones, or for a short description to help the Callers Office.
Having 2 of the cards to compare and I think the space for the address is actually very similar (2 1/2 lines each) although the new one the lines are spaced wider and is 3/4 the length of the old one.
All in all a lot better in my honest opinion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
No not enough room, would be OK if I was sat at a desk (in the warm), not wiv arm full of mail, and a pda on me wrist.mad leveller wrote:Not just me then, didn't there's enough room for address
Oh and while I'm about it, why do we get issued wiv crap pens? A click on click off one would be far easier to use, (and cheaper in the long run) as when I lose the pen top, the pen gets thrown.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: The new P739 Card
The P739 cards are a huge improvement on anything we've had before, they are easier to understand and quicker to complete. The only niggle I have with them is the pointless inclusion of a line of boxes intended to take individual characters of a tracking number.
If carrying your PDA on your wrist is in some way restrictive, then keep it in the carrying case supplied specifically to alleviate that problem!
Why have you got an arm full of mail? …it should be in your LWT or HCT. Why are you carrying mail destined for someone else to another persons door?masterblaster wrote:No not enough room, would be OK if I was sat at a desk (in the warm), not wiv arm full of mail, and a pda on me wrist.
If carrying your PDA on your wrist is in some way restrictive, then keep it in the carrying case supplied specifically to alleviate that problem!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: The new P739 Card
Could still be a singleton pouch delivery - we are endangered but there a few of us still around
.
In the same situation I reband the bundle and lay it on or in the pouch.
In the same situation I reband the bundle and lay it on or in the pouch.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
What are these mysterious things called pens you speak of!? Only time Ive been issued with a pen, was on my induction day, was a watch & win (or some such rubbish) pen that promptly stopped working the next day.masterblaster wrote:
Oh and while I'm about it, why do we get issued wiv crap pens? A click on click off one would be far easier to use, (and cheaper in the long run) as when I lose the pen top, the pen gets thrown.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
Cards are ok, just a shame they are not waterproof!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
Also if you put them in your leg pockets, your body heat makes them burst and you get ink all over your shorts, legs and hands. I always buy my own or just stay away from the really cheap biros.masterblaster wrote:Oh and while I'm about it, why do we get issued wiv crap pens? A click on click off one would be far easier to use, (and cheaper in the long run) as when I lose the pen top, the pen gets thrown.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: The new P739 Card
That is useful, it helps prevent you missing a number out.Himaggen wrote:The only niggle I have with them is the pointless inclusion of a line of boxes intended to take individual characters of a tracking number.!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: The new P739 Card
It could be quite a while till we get the new P739s.
We've not long had PDAs.
We've not long had PDAs.