ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday entitlemant question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Holiday entitlemant question

Post by realitybites »

I am a little confused over how my holiday is worked out. I used to work 5 days a week on a 25 hour contract and had 23 days entitlement last year. I am still on a 25 hour contract but only work 4 days a week, 6 and a quarter hours a day. My entitlement this year is 19 and a half days. I understand if it is worked out on a weekly basis it just confuses me when it is expressed as days if you follow my drift.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Holiday entitlemant question

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

realitybites wrote:I am a little confused over how my holiday is worked out. I used to work 5 days a week on a 25 hour contract and had 23 days entitlement last year. I am still on a 25 hour contract but only work 4 days a week, 6 and a quarter hours a day. My entitlement this year is 19 and a half days. I understand if it is worked out on a weekly basis it just confuses me when it is expressed as days if you follow my drift.

4/5 of 23 = 18.4 :shhhhh

You're getting the same amount of holidays based on weeks and hours, but because you are working those hours over fewer days then the number of days leave is reduced.

Remember for a weeks leave you will use 4 days, before you used 5. Therefore you had 4 weeks 3 days - now you have 4 weeks 3.5 days.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
realitybites
Posts: 435
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday entitlemant question

Post by realitybites »

Thanks, makes sense looking at it now.