ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Touchscreen gloves

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Touchscreen gloves

Post by iminavest »

Has anyone ever tried touchscreen gloves as an alternative to the awful fingerless ones that are provided?
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Touchscreen gloves

Post by rhino49 »

Yes - NorthFace do at least one type - I've used them in winter on an iPhone - they work okay but don't wear too well for the price (around £29 when I bought them)
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Touchscreen gloves

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

How can a company have employees outdoors during the bitterest cold weather for 350+ years and yet allocate "chocolate teapot" fingerless gloves?

Breaking news: Extremities like fingertips feel the cold first. :cuppa
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Touchscreen gloves

Post by iminavest »

rhino49 wrote:Yes - NorthFace do at least one type - I've used them in winter on an iPhone - they work okay but don't wear too well for the price (around £29 when I bought them)
I meant for handling mail rather than using the phone :)