ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick pay for part time postie?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Sick pay for part time postie?

Post by karchun »

I only work on a saturday, and basically this week I sprained my ankle from a night out - I hope I can walk at my usual pace on the day but if I cannot go into my DO, do I get paid still?

p.s. I forgot what it said about this on the T&C's agreement which I do not have on me at the moment.

Thanks!
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Sick pay for part time postie?

Post by kirstyx »

if you have been employed for more than 12 months you get sick pay from rm it would be a good idea to notify your dom asap as you may be allowed to do indoor work or a lighter delivery
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Re: Sick pay for part time postie?

Post by karchun »

kirstyx wrote:if you have been employed for more than 12 months you get sick pay from rm it would be a good idea to notify your dom asap as you may be allowed to do indoor work or a lighter delivery
Oh okay thanks!