ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
-
AredhelRobin
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 13:53
- Gender: Female
Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
Hi all, hope this is in the right place. Have been searching high and low for a contact number for Reading delivery office. I'm currently a postie at a nearby office and wanted to speak to someone there about the possibility of a transfer and if they have any vacancies coming up. Does anyone have a phone number I can use to get in touch with them? Thanks!
Last edited by AredhelRobin on 20 Oct 2014, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
-
Senior Service
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 19 Aug 2007, 18:34
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
I suspect you are not a Royal Mail employee as this is your first post and if you worked for us you could get the number at work. Direct numbers as I understand it are not given out (we are not supposed to give ours out).
-
AredhelRobin
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 13:53
- Gender: Female
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
I joined so I could get some help, I've not needed it previously. I've already asked at work and had no joy, no worries if no one can give me the number. Just thought I'd ask!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
Try your branch if you're in the Union, its likely both DOs are part of the same one if they are geographically close.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
0118 906 1403AredhelRobin wrote:Hi all, hope this is in the right place. Have been searching high and low for a contact number for Reading delivery office. I'm currently a postie at a nearby office and wanted to speak to someone there about the possibility of a transfer and if they have any vacancies coming up. Does anyone have a phone number I can use to get in touch with them? Thanks!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
If it is so nearby you'd be better off making a visit, see it first hand and speak to the DOM.AredhelRobin wrote:Hi all, hope this is in the right place. Have been searching high and low for a contact number for Reading delivery office. I'm currently a postie at a nearby office and wanted to speak to someone there about the possibility of a transfer and if they have any vacancies coming up. Does anyone have a phone number I can use to get in touch with them? Thanks!
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
Ours is on the p739 card there is no issue with giving them outSenior Service wrote:I suspect you are not a Royal Mail employee as this is your first post and if you worked for us you could get the number at work. Direct numbers as I understand it are not given out (we are not supposed to give ours out).
-
Senior Service
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 19 Aug 2007, 18:34
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
The number on our 739 card starts 03456 which is not our area code so I assume its a special or even premium rate number either way we are not allowed to give out the local area code number.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
Senior Service wrote:The number on our 739 card starts 03456 which is not our area code so I assume its a special or even premium rate number either way we are not allowed to give out the local area code number.
some offices have a direct dial 0844 number which is the same as giving the direct 01 number (may have changed to start 03 recently), it must just be your office policy as its certainly not a national policy, in fact a quick search on 192.com shows offices direct dial numbers
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Question: direct phone number for Reading office?
Yes it's those phone enquiries from the public that really keep you enthralled - you know the ones "I've had a packet/parcel sent two weeks ago from Ebay and I haven't got it so is it there" and of course it isn't. 