Hi all, I'm currently a postman in north herts and looking to become a class 2 lorry driver for RM.
How is the best way to go about it and have any of you made that change?
The RM job site has less activity than a morgue so there must be another way.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lorry vacancies?
-
vanman90
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Lorry vacancies?
Leave Royal Mail ..... Join manpower
Ha
Get you manager to email the area VOC manager but I think they only take class 1 even if there are only class 2 vacancies
Ha
Get you manager to email the area VOC manager but I think they only take class 1 even if there are only class 2 vacancies
-
Offa
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 08 May 2014, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Lorry vacancies?
Sounds like typical RM common sense there. Leaving might be the only option.
-
RedlorryMan
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 17:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Lorry vacancies?
Royal Mail advertised internaly a few weeks back for c+e licence holders. Apparently about 200 vacant duties in Network Nationwide.
I think they could be going to offer training opportunities, for staff with c
or D licences soon.
However I dont think you will get a job with Network/ logistics with only a c (class 2) licence as they want drivers who can drive Artics as well as rigids.
I think they could be going to offer training opportunities, for staff with c
or D licences soon.
However I dont think you will get a job with Network/ logistics with only a c (class 2) licence as they want drivers who can drive Artics as well as rigids.
-
vanman90
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Lorry vacancies?
Don't think cat d will get any more priority than cat b holders?
-
postee81
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lorry vacancies?
apparently some people will be getting trained up for it. Can't see it happening to be honest