ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Phg's pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ROSSCO
Posts: 67
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 19:37
Gender: Male

Phg's pay

Post by ROSSCO »

How much extra does the Phg's get paid?
Also should the Phg's day off cover get paid extra for that day.
Cheers
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by deltaforce »

Been no phg grade for ten years or more.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by gb93 »

Yeah no such grade anymore
phg in place at time of doing away with grade get £20 a week reserved rights
No extra pay for anyone covering old phg duties now.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

ROSSCO wrote:How much extra does the Phg's get paid?
Also should the Phg's day off cover get paid extra for that day.
Cheers

As mentioned no extra for Phg duties, however if said person is taking on some of management duties on the office they may be entitled to a leadership allowance which his day off cover would also be entitled to as well if covering same duties, basically if Phg responsible for staff after dom goes home then will be entitled to it
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by aiden01 »

zx135 wrote:
ROSSCO wrote:How much extra does the Phg's get paid?
Also should the Phg's day off cover get paid extra for that day.
Cheers

As mentioned no extra for Phg duties, however if said person is taking on some of management duties on the office they may be entitled to a leadership allowance which his day off cover would also be entitled to as well if covering same duties, basically if Phg responsible for staff after dom goes home then will be entitled to it
what is a phg duty if the grade no longer exists :crazy:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by fishtank »

aiden01 wrote:what is a phg duty if the grade no longer exists :crazy:
As the PHG was usually the senior guy a lot of them got leadership allowance if a manager wasn't around but this was never actually part of the PHG role. Callers office and secure locker are the main roles of a PHG which are now done by an OPG.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by aiden01 »

fishtank wrote:
aiden01 wrote:what is a phg duty if the grade no longer exists :crazy:
As the PHG was usually the senior guy a lot of them got leadership allowance if a manager wasn't around but this was never actually part of the PHG role. Callers office and secure locker are the main roles of a PHG which are now done by an OPG.
I knew that ft but why do some people insist on calling them phg,s when the grade no longer exists.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by fishtank »

aiden01 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
aiden01 wrote:what is a phg duty if the grade no longer exists :crazy:
As the PHG was usually the senior guy a lot of them got leadership allowance if a manager wasn't around but this was never actually part of the PHG role. Callers office and secure locker are the main roles of a PHG which are now done by an OPG.
I knew that ft but why do some people insist on calling them phg,s when the grade no longer exists.
Why do I still call them registered letters instead of special delivery items and why do I say i'm going to the bank when I really mean I'm going to a cash machine, It's because I'm a f***ing dinosaur innit.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Phg's pay

Post by k979aaa »

EX-PHG who cares if they lost their job title but they should receive recompense for it.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Phg's pay

Post by aiden01 »

fishtank wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
aiden01 wrote:what is a phg duty if the grade no longer exists :crazy:
As the PHG was usually the senior guy a lot of them got leadership allowance if a manager wasn't around but this was never actually part of the PHG role. Callers office and secure locker are the main roles of a PHG which are now done by an OPG.
I knew that ft but why do some people insist on calling them phg,s when the grade no longer exists.
Why do I still call them registered letters instead of special delivery items and why do I say i'm going to the bank when I really mean I'm going to a cash machine, It's because I'm a f***ing dinosaur innit.
nice reply :Very Happy