ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

out of touch

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

out of touch

Post by robbertwhitton »

The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years. We get to know our customers, and where we can leave items if they are not in, thats what we do, its called customer relations, and thats what happens at the coal face week in week out.still trying ti provide a personal touch in this rat race of a business. But of course if it doesn't come from them, they don't like it, can't believe we do it off our own backs etc.am still amazed that we don't hear from management on here, to have their say and fight there corner, why they are like they are.are they all bad? Surely not? I received a letter from my dom thanking me for delivering a test letter on time on my round, I said its what I do, mail comes in, mail goes out rocket science blah blah blah!,, :roll:
donein
Posts: 136
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
Location: north devon

Re: out of touch

Post by donein »

robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years. We get to know our customers, and where we can leave items if they are not in, thats what we do, its called customer relations, and thats what happens at the coal face week in week out.still trying ti provide a personal touch in this rat race of a business. But of course if it doesn't come from them, they don't like it, can't believe we do it off our own backs etc.am still amazed that we don't hear from management on here, to have their say and fight there corner, why they are like they are.are they all bad? Surely not? I received a letter from my dom thanking me for delivering a test letter on time on my round, I said its what I do, mail comes in, mail goes out rocket science blah blah blah!,, :roll:


common sense eh :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: out of touch

Post by DB1100 »

Most dom's only concern is to get their bonuses as painlessly as possible,they don't give a flying feck what happens to the mail once it leaves the office as long as any problems cannot be traced back to them,they don't care if you take all the d2d's home and burn them as long as they are out of the office,they don't want to organize and write holiday lists out as long as they get theirs,they couldn't care less if you still have 3 weeks left at the end of the year.
For we were soldiers once,and young
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: out of touch

Post by visigoth »

robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years ...
This rural postie never used to do it because, as I understood it, it was not allowed. Maybe I got that wrong. (?)

Anyroad, in a recent Courier was "All 'our' postmen/women know to try UP TO 3 NEIGHBOURS". Presumably this is what is known as "standard creep". :roll:
wandle
Posts: 944
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: out of touch

Post by wandle »

I tried three neighbours. Never heard the last of it from the missus... :dance
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: out of touch

Post by Lounge Lizard »

visigoth wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years ...
This rural postie never used to do it because, as I understood it, it was not allowed. Maybe I got that wrong. (?)

Anyroad, in a recent Courier was "All 'our' postmen/women know to try UP TO 3 NEIGHBOURS". Presumably this is what is known as "standard creep". :roll:
Surely nought is 'up to three' :nana as is 'one', 'two' and 'three'. :Very Happy
visigoth
Posts: 105
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 00:07
Gender: Male

Re: out of touch

Post by visigoth »

Yeah, nought probably counts as "UP TO 3". Probably doesn't count as "try"ing though. :Very Happy
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: out of touch

Post by rubberbond »

robbertwhitton wrote:The business does seem to make a big deal about this deliver to neighbour thing. Have they just re invented the wheel? I suspect many rural and town posties have been doing this for years. We get to know our customers, and where we can leave items if they are not in, thats what we do, its called customer relations, and thats what happens at the coal face week in week out.still trying ti provide a personal touch in this rat race of a business. But of course if it doesn't come from them, they don't like it, can't believe we do it off our own backs etc.am still amazed that we don't hear from management on here, to have their say and fight there corner, why they are like they are.are they all bad? Surely not? I received a letter from my dom thanking me for delivering a test letter on time on my round, I said its what I do, mail comes in, mail goes out rocket science blah blah blah!,, :roll:
And that my friend ,is the whole problem with Royal Mail, you are not allowed to think for yourself.