ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

strange sight

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

strange sight

Post by terry2972 »

Today was my day off and I was up a ladder at a friends when I watched a postman delivering I couldn't believe my eyes he was actually running between letter boxes going over Gardens what is the point???
Does he want more work?
Richard007
Posts: 84
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: strange sight

Post by Richard007 »

terry2972 wrote:Today was my day off and I was up a ladder at a friends when I watched a postman delivering I couldn't believe my eyes he was actually running between letter boxes going over Gardens what is the point???
Does he want more work?
Unfortunately that seems to be the future all the newbies do it to impress bosses :coolr
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: strange sight

Post by spiderj »

Seen my oppo do it on Saturday
Resulted in
"Haw_whit ye daen?"
And fkn loonie

Poor soul was panicking,must've annoyed him when I had the bigger loop,more packets,but walked a decent pace and was sitting on the back bumper watching him run.
Amazed doesn't cover it
I won
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: strange sight

Post by terry2972 »

I have only been in 6 months myself and I won't run to old lol just do a fair days work
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: strange sight

Post by Lounge Lizard »

More haste, less speed. :Very Happy
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: strange sight

Post by fb1969 »

Richard007 wrote:
Unfortunately that seems to be the future all the newbies do it to impress bosses :coolr
Plenty of long timers do it at our place, so why knock "all the newbies"?

One of the worst is someone with 20 plus years service, managers love him as he'll always take cut offs.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: strange sight

Post by spiderj »

Yep was a medium timer I was with that was running

Actually running.....
I won
lilymccafferty
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 15:30
Gender: Male

Re: strange sight

Post by lilymccafferty »

Live and let live are they doing you any harm
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: strange sight

Post by terry2972 »

In the long term yes as I Will never be able to run therefore when the job cuts start I won't be able to compete against the runners just hope quality and doing the job right will help?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: strange sight

Post by spiderj »

Totally agree
Also would I really want to go through the palaver of helping someone who has just broken an ankle as they didn't look where they were going?
I won
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: strange sight

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

lilymccafferty wrote:Live and let live are they doing you any harm

wish that were true.

Pre SDD - SDD PM07 - BT2010 - Delivery Methods (pictorial representation of duty size)
Image
Doing more in work timefor RM seems to prove only that you can do even more
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: strange sight

Post by spiderj »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
lilymccafferty wrote:Live and let live are they doing you any harm

wish that were true.

Pre SDD - SDD PM07 - BT2010 - Delivery Methods (pictorial representation of duty size)
Image
Doing more in work timefor RM seems to prove only that you can do even more
Pass the ky
:pray
I won