I did my last day as a postman last saturday (30th August) and was expecting to get paid today (5th sept).
I couldnt get in touch with my manager so rang HR. I was told by them that only overtime is paid a week behind and my basic pay for that week had already been paid on the friday before my last day?
I was on a 28 hour part time permanent contract.
Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Last payday as a postman
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Last payday as a postman
That is correct - Wages are paid in the week that you work and started in your first week - overtime is paid in arrears and will be paid the week following your departure.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Last payday as a postman
Correct, but all outstanding hols should also be paid as well, also your shares have got to be sorted (if you are a good leaver)rhino49 wrote:That is correct - Wages are paid in the week that you work and started in your first week - overtime is paid in arrears and will be paid the week following your departure.
-
BoxcarBob
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Last payday as a postman
Ok thanks for the replies.
I am still with royal mail just not as a postman anymore so I have kept the same paynumber and everything so I think my shares transfer over automatically.
As for annual leave I still had 15 days left (I used to purchase 10 days extra a/l) so what happens with that unused annual leave? Will it get paid back to me or will it just get transferred over?
Thanks
I am still with royal mail just not as a postman anymore so I have kept the same paynumber and everything so I think my shares transfer over automatically.
As for annual leave I still had 15 days left (I used to purchase 10 days extra a/l) so what happens with that unused annual leave? Will it get paid back to me or will it just get transferred over?
Thanks
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Last payday as a postman
What are you doing instead?
-
BoxcarBob
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Last payday as a postman
Gone into the engineering side of it
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Last payday as a postman
i remember my induction week, 3 days bored stiff, on the last day they let us go a few hours early has we'd done, got paid a couple of days later and they'd docked the time!rhino49 wrote:That is correct - Wages are paid in the week that you work and started in your first week - overtime is paid in arrears and will be paid the week following your departure.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Last payday as a postman
Never mind the overtime.BoxcarBob wrote:I did my last day as a postman last saturday (30th August) and was expecting to get paid today (5th sept).
I couldnt get in touch with my manager so rang HR. I was told by them that only overtime is paid a week behind and my basic pay for that week had already been paid on the friday before my last day?
I was on a 28 hour part time permanent contract.
Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks
How was your breakfast ?